Chapter 16 - The Party and the Acceptance

CHAPTER 16 – THE PARTY AND THE ACCEPTANCE

THE BALLROOM of the Dela Cruz mansion was unsurprisingly filled with people from different social status. From famous actors and actresses, politicians, businessmen and even royalties have come to celebrate with the kind couple.

It looks like the party was well-planned by the event organizers and the decorations were for sure cost a lot. The couple didn't pick any theme for the dress code but they sure did for their party. Butterflies. The whole room was filled with silvery butterfly themed decorations with stunning diamond butterflies that seem to have been floating in the air as it was attached with invisible like strings.

Mia can't help but admire the whole place. It feels like a fairy tale.

She took a really deep breathe as she scanned the room with her eyes. There are too many people. Her heart is palpitating and she can't help fidgeting her fingers.

"What are you doing just standing there, mi ija? Come on now...we've got a party to start." Mrs. Dela Cruz urged her from behind.

The kind lady was dressed in a beautiful silver long gown designed meticulously with diamonds all over it while she wore a cream coloured dressed that was customized by Mrs. Dela Cruz just for her from a famous Spanish designer whom she doesn't know. She's not a fan of designer clothes.

The gown that she brought for the party was bluntly rejected by Mrs. Dela Cruz saying that she wouldn't allow her 'future daughter-in-law' to wear a second hand for her party. She wanted to negate the D-I-L thingy but was not able to because she was immediately surrounded by stylists and a make-up artists.

"Uhm... I don't really have any acquaintances around here, Aunt Luciana." She gave the lady an apologetic smile. And she doesn't want to annoy Mateo right now since it's his parents' anniversary.

"Alright, then just roam around and enjoy the foods. I'm sure that this little dragon here wants to eat." She said while patting her tummy slightly. "But no wines, okay?" She warned.

Mia chuckled. "Yes Aunt Luciana. Thank you for inviting me again."

Mrs. Dela Cruz gave her a warm smile. "No dear, thanks for finally coming. Enjoy yourself now."

She nodded and started roaming around the ballroom. She made her eyes full from looking at the beautiful decorations and she let herself indulge in the blueberry cheesecake and pies that was served in the banquet.

She was not surprised to see some blueberry desserts among the foods served. After all, it's the couple's son's favourite fruit, so does her baby.

When she had enough food, she wandered off the ballroom and just walked and she let her feet drag wherever it wants to go until it lead her to the balcony.

It was a very peaceful corner.

She closed the door behind her and she leaned in the balustrade. She took a deep breath of the fresh evening breeze... It was so peaceful, and the music from the ballroom seemed to be a humming now.

The stars are also beautifully visible. Such a rare sight. It was just her and the galaxy. Ops... her, her baby and the galaxy.

She lovingly caressed her bump as she stared at the sky and silently hummed one of her favourite songs.

"I didn't know you can sing..." Said by a familiar voice beside her.

She looked at the person beside her whom never failed to make her heart skip a beat whenever she sees him.

"N-no... I wasn't singing...I was just humming. It was a song I learned from the orphanage when I was little." She said then she returned her attention to the stars.