Chapter 22 - The Ride

Chapter 22 – The Ride

Being in the car with Luke is like being in a car ride with Tsukishima, but this time, it's much worse because he won't just stop talking about all the things he did with Mia inside and outside the ice rink making him want to punch him in the face if it weren't for his mother's warning not to hurt him.

He tried everything he could to un-hear everything, but whenever he tried to cover his ears, he would louden his voice even more.

Until all of a sudden, Luke came into a topic that caught his attention.

"So Mateo, you're the father of Mia's baby, right?" Luke's voice suddenly became serious.

He will admit it, there is still a little doubt inside him about the paternity of the baby, but if this is the only way to stake a claim on Mia, then:

"What if I am?" 'What would you do, bastard?'

"Well, first, you're an as*hole for leaving and not accepting the baby."

His fists clenched real hard as he felt the anger and frustration raise inside of him, supressing the episode that's beginning to manifest.

"Did she tell you?"

"No, I took a lucky guess. She told me that the topic about her father's baby is really sensitive. She has no intention of telling anyone about it."

Luke took a glance at him for a second before returning his attention on the road. "You really messed up big time. Did you know that there were a lot of skaters like me who attempted to court her during the Grand Pix? If it wasn't for your mother, who always blocks them out, she would already have a date by now. Your mother really wants her as her daughter in law." Luke chuckled.

His fists clenched harder that he could feel his nails clawing his palm. "I know that I'm stupid for not believing her. But can you blame me? I'm barren, the moment the doctors told me that I could never have children, the thought of not ever having one has been stuck in my head."

"So that means you really thought that Mia would do 'that' with someone she doesn't love? Did you really think that she will throw herself to anyone when she's been conservative since highschool? NBSB until now?"

The information he received from Luke grabbed his attention. "NBSB? She never dated anyone before?" His voice was getting louder in every word. "How did you know about all of that?"

Shrugging his shoulders a bit, Luke replied, "Your mom may have told me some details about Mia."

Upon hearing that, he concluded to himself that he really is all the bad things he could describe. He realized that he barely knew Mia. He only knows some of her beautiful aspects and how good of a secretary she is, but he never knew even some small details about her past. Now his regret of rejecting her and their baby is being fuelled even more.

Yes, he is admitting it. It was their baby, he is the father whatever the DNA results might show. He is never going to do the same mistake of letting Mia escape from his life. Never again!

Just as when Luke tells him that they are only a few blocks away from Mia's place, a car slowly stopped in front of them making them halt Luke's car as well. They both cursed into the air then Luke tried to maneuver the car backwards when the car bumps into another car from the back.

They both cursed again.

"Shoot, traffic!"

"Mia's probably done cooking by now. Awww... And I was really looking forward in eating the foods hot. Especially those Asian cuisines she prepared."