Chapter 21 - The Arrival 2

CHAPTER 21-THE ARRIVAL 2

"ALRIGHt LUKE, just make sure you'll arrive here safe okay? Don't make this pregnant lady worry." She said to Luke who was still fighting with someone on the other side of the line.

She loves treating Luke as younger even though he was a bit older than her.

"Okay baby---ouch---hey! Cut it out!"

"Luke?"

"I'm fine Mia, I'm almost there. I'm just a few blocks away to the rest house. I still have no idea on when is this traffic going to end." Luke said with an irritated voice. "And talk about good luck, it looks like it's going to rain soon."

She waded to the window and took a peek through the blinds to take a look at the sky. Luke's right, seems like it is going to rain with the cool breeze swaying the trees and some thunder and lightning. She hopes that Luke gets to the dinner before the rain starts.

"I'll be waiting Luke, be careful on your way alright."

She wobbled to the dining table to cover the food before settling on the couch of the living room of the rest house Aunt Luciana lent her.

Aunt Luciana, ever being so kind insisted that she ought to stay in one of her rest houses near a beach before her due date so she could relax and feel the breeze of the fresh air saying that it was good for her baby. And as always, she tried to reject the offer but no one could convince the kind lady otherwise. So, she is stuck and at the same time relaxed inside the rest house for a while. No pollution, no work, and more importantly, no Mateo to craze up her still in love heart.

"Okay, see you baby---f*ck. Bye." Luke answered, then the call ended.

Mia had a frown on her face when the call was finished. She heard a slightly familiar voice who cursed right before Luke ended the call.

But she disregarded it. She was probably hearing someone who has a voice almost as similar as him. She shook her head. She must really miss him that much. And she would admit it, removing the years' worth of love for a certain person is not that easy.

Her feelings for Mateo have taken its roots down to the centre of her heart that unloving him is probably impossible, especially now that someone will remind her of him every day in her life.

She caressed her tummy lovingly as she felt the baby kick inside. She closed her eyes and relaxed herself in the softness of the furniture. She doesn't know the gender of her baby yet because she chose not to even though her OB suggested it. She wanted it to be a surprise. She's really excited and it is only a matter of days before her baby arrives and finally meets the world.

Suddenly, she felt sleepy while humming a song to her baby so she patted the couch and took a pillow, then she lays on the couch sideways. She decided to take a nap as she waits for Luke to arrive.

He wouldn't probably mind her sleeping while waiting. After all, she's a pregnant lady who is tired after cooking so many dishes.

A knock on the door woke up the peaceful sleep Mia's having. She rubbed her eyes and yawned a bit before standing up and going to the door to finally welcome Luke. She did not bother to look in the monitor to see who it was because Luke was the only visitor she is expecting.

But when she opened the door, a grinning Luke was not in front of her but a dripping wet Mateo.

She can't help but gasped. "Sir Mateo?"

His head hung low and she could not see his face. Droplets of water fall from his soaking hair. It seems like he was from work because he was still in his business suit, which was all wet down to his expensive Italian shoes.