Chapter 18 - The Package

CHAPTER 18 – THE PACKAGE

"SO...? What do you intend to do now?" Tsuki asked.

"I'm gonna find her of course...no matter what." He said full of determination.

Tsukishima smirked at him. Tsk. He really wants to erase that sly look in his face. It's been annoying him ever since he came in.

"Yeah sure... You do that. But for now, let's open your mom's package. I'm dying to know what's inside." He jumped off the visitor's chair and went to the box while he continued searching for another private investigator.

"Oh, there's also a letter from your mom here." He said while waving the letter. "Come on now Mateow... let's read this. I'm not rude enough to open it without your permission."

"No thanks... still busy here."

"All right, can I open it then?"

"Yeah sure, whatever."

He heard the paper ripping. Then Tsukishima reads the letter out loud.

"To my beloved oh so stubborn son...Pffft...haha..."Tsukishima started laughing like crazy. "You're mom's really adorable isn't she? Where did even get that attitude of yours?" He said in the middle of his laughter.

"From my grandparents..."

"Yeah sure...haha..." He continued reading the letter. "To my beloved oh so stubborn son...pfft... It's been months isn't it? How are you?"

"Not so fine mom..." He replied without taking his eyes off the laptop.

"We're just fine here. Mia's due date is just around the corner. Mi hijo, I know you've been looking for your oh so efficient secretary... I just wanted to tell you in this letter I've paying your PI's with triple the price you've been giving them. You pay them too little young man... If you're looking for her, I know where she is."

That immediately got his attention and made his fingers hang just above his keyboard.

"WHAT?!" He hurries off his swivel chair and grabs the letter from Tsukishima. 'Mom's been paying them triple?! But he's already paying each of them millions of dollars just for the downpayment. And those idiots haven't even been their jobs correctly! Tsk... this is the disadvantage when your mom's richer than you.'

"Hey! Make sure to read it out loud ok? I wanna know where's Mia too."

So his mom knows where Mia is all along? Why didn't he think of that?

"If you wanna know where she is, watch all the video tapes I sent to you first. One of the tapes will tell you where she is."

'Tapes?'

"Tapes? In the box? What are you waiting for? Open the damn package dude."

He nodded and slowly removed the tape. Inside the box was dull of video tapes.

"What do you think are in this? You know how weird your mom is... She sends you a lot of weird stuff when we were in high school." Tsukishima said.

They were roommates when they were in highschool that's why he knows all about the weird stuff his mom sends to him.

"I know... I just hope these are normal video tapes." He said.

He went to the video player in his office that he uses whenever he wants to unwind. He inserts one of the video tapes and waits for it to load while they both sat on the floor of the office.

Then...the video started...

"Hey, that's figure skating! Rostelcom in Moscow, I went there once, although it was for men's. Our company was sponsoring one of the skaters..."