Chapter 20 - The Arrival

CHAPTER 20 – THE ARRIVAL

MIA PLACED the hot steaming Gyoza on the table along with all the Asian-american foods she prepared for her dinner with Luke as a celebration for getting third place in the last Grand PIx Final in Barcelona a few days ago. When she was satisfied with all the dishes on the table, she takes off her pink apron and takes the telephone to call onto Luke.

The dinner was supposed to be eight pm, but Luke seems to be running late. She dialled his phone number and hits the call button. The phone rang but it took ten rings before the call was answered which set a frown on Mia's face, cause usually, Luke answers the phone within a ring.

"Hey Mia, baby! Hi---asdfghjk..." Luke greeted her, but it was interrupted by something because his voice broke. "The f*ck, Mi---asdfghjk---"

"Luke, are you okay?" She asked, worried. He seems to be fighting with someone.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, baby." She frowned. Since when did he start calling her baby? "Someone's just--- 'Shut it.' Someone's just really annoying me here since the traffic started."

Oh... He's in a traffic jam. That explains why he is running late.

She heard a commotion on the other line. "Are you with someone? I thought you're coming here alone? Are you okay?"

"Uhh, no, I-I mean, It's just that this driver beside me is pissin' me off right now. Like, I WOULD REALLY KICK YOU OUT OF HERE IF YOU DON'T STOP MESSING WITH ME!" He shouted as if really mad with someone, still with his French accent. Then she heard the horn of a car honk.

She can't help but chuckle. His cute accent wouldn't really leave him despite any type of situation.

LUKE ESCOFFIER. Her trainee figure skater.

When Aunt Luciana told Mateo that she won't be coming back with him in New York, she wanted to protest because Mateo needs her as a secretary, but she wasn't able to because a few minutes later, Mateo was dragged by some butlers to an expensive looking limousine.

So she was left with no choice but to stay with Aunt Luciana and spend her years of worth unspent vacation here in Barcelona.

Well, it wasn't really such a bad thing because Aunt Luciana is a really great company and enjoyable to be with, but she would she would definitely miss Mateo's presence in the mansion as her baby seems to craved his daddy's presence every day.

But she reminded herself that she should get used to it. Get used to not being able to be with him because that is how things are going to be once she gives birth.

During those months in Barcelona, Aunt Luciana toured her to almost all of Spain's famous tourist spots. Almost, because if she wasn't pregnant, Aunt Luciana would've used their helicopter to cover more ground.

Thank goodness she's pregnant. She never liked helicopters to begin with. That's why, when Mateo brings her to a business trip, she would always request for a plane ride as much as possible, and luckily enough, Mateo would always understand.

One uneventful day, Aunt Luciana decided to attend a figure skating practice.

Every year, the DLC would pick up a random country and sponsor whoever the representative is. And the lucky skater is a French skater who is coincidently liked by Aunt Luciana. Luke Escoffier, a young figure skater rookie who already placed in some of figure skating contests. But unfortunately, he never got first yet.

WHEN SHE entered the rink and felt the coldness in the air, everything felt nostalgic. She immediately missed being on the ice rink, gliding across the solid smooth ice and doing jumps.