Chapter 12 - The Confrontation

CHAPTER 12 – THE CONFRONTATION

MIA WAS woken up by a burning smell coming from the kitchen. She opened her eyes and looked at the clock in the bedside table and her eyes widen when she saw that it was already almost noon and she needed to go back to work today.

She scrambled out of bed but stopped when she realized something. She looked down to check if she's wearing anything.

She sighed in relief when she sees that she's wearing a clean white oversized shirt which draped just above her knees, with some underwear. It looks like Mateo took the liberty to dress her earlier.

The smell from the kitchen lingered her nose again, but instead of being sickened by the smell, she kinda likes it.

Last night was amazing. She felt amazing. She was over the moon. Mateo held her like she was something so delicate and very important.

But then, she remembered work. She rushed to Mateo's bathroom to take a morning routine. When was done, she proceeded to the kitchen.

She saw him in the kitchen counter cooking... which made her raise an eyebrow. She roamed her eyes in the kitchen and saw the burnt toast from the toaster, some black eggs and an unrecognizable sausage or...hotdog? Cause it was all black.

'Is he trying to cook or what?'

"Oh...good morning sweetie. Did you sleep well?" Mateo asked her as he place a plate with some clearly overcooked strips of bacon on the table.

She grimaced at the sight, but it made her tummy rumble...

"Yes ... I did, thank you. And thanks for dressing...me...up. I borrowed your jogging pants if you don't mind." She said awkwardly.

She needed to borrow some of his pants because he did dress her up, but only on the upper part. He seemed to have forgotten the lower part. She doesn't want to go home wearing nothing underneath and she can't find her clothes anywhere when she woke up.

"But aren't we supposed to go to work today?"

He arranged the plates on the table and took the burnt toast from the toaster. "We'll, I was hoping we could get some breakfast first... Or should I say brunch?" He offered her a sit.

"Uhmmm...Do we really have time for that, Mateo? Cause you know, I still need to go home to change into my office attire, get some few stuffs ready and arrange your schedule---."

"Mia, who's the boss again?"

She exhaled. "You sir..."

He smiled, displaying his dimple. "It's good that you know...And it's Mateo to you. Now, have a sit and eat..."

He pulled a chair for her and she gladly accepted it.

"Uhm...Did you cook all of this?" She asked.

Mateo paused for a second before sitting in the seat in front of her. "Uhh...Yeah. I kinda tried." He scratched his head awkwardly. "I tried my best...But you don't have to---."

Mia didn't hear what he said after because she was busy stuffing her face with the he just cooked. Surprisingly, they don't taste bad to her. On the contrary, they're delicious for her taste buds.

She looked at Mateo who was looking at her with an amazed expression.

"What?" She asked...

"A-are you sure you can eat those?" He sounded a bit worried.

She continued on eating. To her, they were unexpectedly delicious even though they were burnt.

"Yeah...actually their deli---hmmph..." She covered her mouth with her palm when a felt a sudden bile coming up her throat and she went dashing to the kitchen sink to throw up.