Chapter 32 - The Rink

CHAPTER 32 – THE RINK

THE RIDE inside Sydney's car is expectedly awkward. None of them are talking ever since they were inside. All of them are all silent except for the soft melody coming out of the radio of the car. Mia and Viane are both seated on the backseat while Sydney is on the passenger seat as she tells the driver the direction of the boutique she has mentioned to which they are headed.

They finally arrived in a seemingly really expensive boutique which is almost the same as the jewellery shop earlier.

They followed Sydney inside and Sydney was greeted immediately by the staffs in the reception area that didn't surprise Mia. Sydney, just like Mateo is already well known in the elite class so it's as the future heiress of another successful company, the Lynden Fashions.

One of the staffs led all of them into a room filled with all sorts of dresses. Specifically, wedding dresses.

Mia was mesmerized as her eyes landed on the designs. They were all really detailed and clearly elaborated, pinned with expensive stones all over the dress. She really admires designers sometimes.

But she rarely admires this sort of designs because the dresses she is used to are skaters dresses that were designed custom for her by her friend designers in the figure skating industry.

"Why did you bring us here Sydney?" Mia asked. "Do you want us to help you chose a wedding dress for your wedding?" She said as she browsed on the wedding dresses that are displayed.

She heard Viane scoffed. "Yeah right, as if. She doesn't even have a groom yet."

"Yet." Sydney immediately butted in. "He's going to say yes. I just know it."

"You know Ms. Sydney, you shouldn't force yourself to guys that probably doesn't even want you. You'll just end getting hurt in the process." Viane said. She said it in a warning tone, but there was also a hint of concern in her tone.

"What? You got your marriage proposal rejected? Is that why you're so against my proposal?" Sydney crossed her arms and raised a brow and faced Viane.

Mia could feel the tension starting to creep out in the air.

"No. But I did got rejected." She said. Viane's are filled with pain as she probably remembered the rejection she got from her own brother.

Argh... She wished that her brother was here so she could smack him hard in the head.

(Meanwhile, Tsukishima in the office...)

"Achoo!"

"Sir, are you alright?" Christian asked in his English accent. "Did you catch a cold?"

Tsukishima rubbed his nose. "Maybe, the temperature outside is starting to go down."

"YOU'RE THE one who got rejected, not I. So mind your own business and I'll mind my own."

Viane sighed. "Alright. Just say that I didn't warn you."

"Okay, okay ladies, were here for something. Uhm...what exactly are we here for Sydney?"

"We're here to get you your dress." Sydney said, answering her question.

"My dress? For what?"

"An ice skating performance. You're a figure skater right? And I want you to help me impress the guy whom I'm proposing to. So..." Sydney entered a room inside a walk-in closet.

She and Viane just looked into each, both curious on what this girl is up to.

A few minutes later, Sydney came out, holding out a beautiful white skater's dress in her hand.