Chapter 8 - The Blueberry Cheesecake

CHAPTER 8 – THE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE

"WHAT?!" Mia unconsciously blurted aloud making the heads of the other customers turn towards their direction.

When she realized what she did, she gave them an apologetic look and proceeded on glaring on Tsukki. "So you're saying that you're that jerk who played on Viane's feelings when she was in highschool?" she asked with astonishment.

"Yeah, that was me..." Tsukki answered with a guilty and an apologetic look on his face as he caressed the unfinished coffee that Viane had left.

"Wow Tsukki, I didn't think you were an idiot in highschool..." She said.

"I know... and I was really too late to realize how big of an idiot I am when she was gone." He said looking really upset. "I never thought that I would actually fall for her you know. It was just all a bet to begin with and I was supposed to leave her alone when I win, but...the days I spent with her, all those memories I have with her...all those times... I didn't realize that they would leave a mark after she left." He said, sighing afterwards.

"So...you love her?" Mia asked quite unsure.

Tsukki looked at her. And even before he could answer, the look he had on his face already says it all.

"Yes Mia...I love her." He confirmed.

Mia gave Tsukki a small smile.

So it wasn't just a one-sided love after all.

She was actually a bit jealous of Viane because a man like Tsukki has fallen in love with her... And even though it's a bit late...and he did change for the better, so there's still hope in their broken love story.

But with her situation, she could only imagine Mateo having that look on his face... in her dreams and probably never in real life.

But this is not about her. It's about her new found friends who still have a chance of getting back together... If Viane learns to forgive Tsukki in the process which she thinks... wouldn't be very easy.

"Well, it's not really too late to get down on your knees and ask for forgiveness from Viane...Maybe she'll forgive you, which I don't think would be easy cause there's another reason for her deep grudge on you---..." Mia said creating a confused look on Tsukki's face.

"What another reason?" He asked curiously.

"Uhm..." She trailed off. Mia mentally slapped herself...she wasn't really supposed to say that. Now she needs to find an excuse to not let Tsukki know about the other heavy reason why Viane won't easily forgive him.

"It's really not for me to tell... and I think Viane is the one to decide to whether tell you the other reason or not."

"So you know the other reason?" Tsukki can't help but ask.

"Yeah..." Mia said unsurely.

"But you're not going to tell me are you?"

"Yeah..." She said with finality.

Tsukki just let out deep breath and caressed his jaw frustratedly. "Come on Mia, please...I need your help. I tried calling out on her earlier when I chased her, but she won't just give me her attention. She's really mad at me." He said sounding really desperate.

Mia sighed..."Look Tsukki, I wanted to help you but, I've only been friends with Viane just a while ago... And I don't that much about her... So I don't really know how to help you. And I also don't wanna get involved in the issue between you two."

"Please Mia...I'm really desperate here, I've been looking for her ever since she left, and I still didn't have any ideas where she was until today." He said.