Chapter 9 - The Cake Thief

CHAPTER 9 – THE CAKE THIEF

SHE EXCUSED herself to Tsukki to take the call and went outside the café to answer the phone.

"Yes Mateo?" She greeted him and made sure to correct herself this time.

"Mia, are you still busy?" He asked in a sweet tone which was weird to Mia.

"Uhmmm... It's my day off, so technically, I'm not busy... I'm just hanging out in TEEWS" She answered. "Why?"

There was a long pause on the other line before she heard him speak again..."Can you come to my penthouse now? It's a mess..." He paused again..."I'll pay you triple."

Mia's ears suddenly tinged upon hearing that. It's her day-off, but with that kind of offer, she can't easily resist.

She doesn't usually care about money since Mateo is paying her generously for being his secretary, but since she's having a baby, she's planning on saving up some bucks to buy some him or her some cute baby things.

"Uhmmm... Alright..." She said making up her mind. "I'll be right there in a while." She added before ending the call.

She went back in the café to bid goodbye to Tsukki.

"Tsukki, I gotta go... Boss is calling..." She said as she took her things and leaves her bill to the table, with tip.

"I thought it was your day off..." Tsukki asked confused.

Mia chuckled, "Now it's a half-day-off..." She waved at him. "Bye Tsukki, it was nice seeing you today. I'll see yah, when I see yah." She said as goes to the counter of the café to order a big piece of one-whole blueberry cheesecake that she's gonna feast on later back at home, since she threw some of it in the toilet bowl.

The old lady gave her, her order and was about to exit the café when Tsukki caught up to her.

"Hey Mia, want me to give you a ride? You're going to Mateo's, right?" He offered.

Mia was not sure on whether to accept his offer or not since Mateo and Tsukki don't really get along with each other. But... she's not part of that feud, so why not?

"Are you sure?" Mia asked to confirm if it's really alright.

"As long as you're okay on riding motorcycles..." Tsukki asked.

Mia grinned. It's been a long time since she rode one. "Of course! I love riding on motorcycles."

TSUKKI PARKED his black Buggati Motorbike in front of the DLC Condominiums where Mateo's penthouse is located. It was already dark when they arrived. Mia hopped off the motorbike and took off the helmet Mateo loaned to her.

She handed the helmet back to Tsukki. "Thank you so much for the ride Tsukki, you really helped me save some money."

Tsukki laughed at her joke. "It was nothing really. But..." He trailed..."Mia, if you don't mind, can I ask you for some help in getting Viane back?" He pleaded, hoping that she would say yes.

Mia gave him a reassuring smile. "Sure, but maybe after some time later, Viane must still be really shocked on seeing you today after so many years, and she's probably thinking of an escape plan from you right now." She half-joked.

Tsukki groaned. "You and your jokes... Please don't make more nervous as it is... I really want to be with her now so bad that I might resort on kidnapping her when I see her again....." Tsukki paused as if he realized something. "Wait, that's actually not a bad idea." He said with a grin as a brilliant plan started forming in his mind.

Mia just crossed her arms in front of him with a stern look. "I don't like what's going on with your head Tsukki." She warned him.

But Tsukki's grin just got even wider..."But I'm definitely liking it Mia..." He said completely ignoring her warning.