4.

Author's POV

Hours passed.

Both the men in the halls of the hospital were waiting patiently for one of the best doctors in the country to enlighten them about the situation of the little girl, Vikram just encountered.

They were on their edges as to what happened with the poor girl. Vikram was anxious as he never thought that he will discover something like that. He was totally speechless as he paced around the halls frantically.

Will she be alive?

As much as the thought hurts him of a little girl dying, he can't help it.

If it's in her destiny...

He frowned at the thought.

No way! She's going to be okay...

After battling with his inner thoughts, he was pulled out of his reverie by a loud smack on his head.

" Ouch! What the hell bro!?" Vikram hissed.

" Doctor's coming shithead!", Dhruv whisper - yelled.

As soon as they saw the man in the white coat approaching, they immediately straightened themselves to look decent and presentable.

He was a middle age man in his late thirties. With a calm and collected persona.

" Hello gentlemen, how are you related to the patient?", he asked them professionally.

" We are both police officers and he found her all injured on the highway. So, we are nowhere related. ", Dhruv answered him calmly.

The doctor nodded at them.

" Do you know her parents, relatives or anyone of her family?", he asked them again.

They both shook their heads in response.

" What happened to her?", Dhruv asked again.

The doctor signed worriedly in response.

" She was tortured, we could say from a long time.", the doctor revealed. He couldn't know for how long she was abused, it was difficult considering the amount of injuries she had, so he decided to not comment on it.

Both the men stood there, flabbergasted at the information they just received.

" Explain!", Dhruv demanded, with an hard edge in voice.

" When she was in the emergency, she was pretty serious, but I think the first- aid was provided on time...", Vikram nodded.

" She had a pretty hard concussion and there were 3rd degree bruises on her body. A knife was stabbed into her abdomen, which was very deep but it missed her liver by 5 centimeters so it didn't cause much damage but still she had a lot of blood loss. But we managed it, since the bleeding stopped to an extent by the medical help provided earlier. Her knee cap is fractured, she will have difficulty walking a few days, and she will need to have lot of bed rest. She's severely malnourished if you noticed, so she should be put on a proper balanced diet but for the next 3 weeks she should have only liquified diet and soft foods. All the medications should be given on time, according to the prescription."

Dhruv and Vikram frowned worriedly.

Why would someone do this to a little girl?

Why would someone even think about it?

What rivalry would someone possibly have with her?

What will they even gain by it?

To them, it felt ridiculous. Why would a small girl possibly only 9 or 10 years be tortured? Questions flooded their minds as they tried to sink in the whole information.