32.

Author's POV

Everything has been going smoothly ever since Amayra revealed a bit of her past to her father and brother. In the meantime, Amayra's examination has been completed.

The elders saw Amayra studying day and night for her exams. She had even skipped meals which concerned her family. They had advised her to not be too hard on herself, but Amayra's determination to do well in the examinations impressed them.

When the results came out, Adhiraj was impressed to know that her daughter scored top grades in every subject. He ordered her a collection of premium shoes from one of the best stylists in the world. Her aunts and mother had prepared a lavish meal, whereas her sister-in-laws surprised her by baking a huge chocolate cake.

Abhimanyu had gifted her a watch, which was designed by a very famous designer from Switzerland. The watch was extremely expensive with delicate diamonds embedded in it. It was one of the world's most expensive watches which cost Abhimanyu a whopping three million dollars.

Amayra was reluctant to take it, but Abhimanyu's insistence had her changing her mind. Everything was going pretty well. The twins also aced their examinations and were praised by everyone greatly and received many gifts. It was just four days for the new session to begin. The students of the family already had their new textbooks and were all ready for the next chapter.

"Amayra baby," Zaira called out softly.

"Do you want anything else?"

She said, looking at her unfinished plate of food. Amayra shook her head and forcefully ate a spoonful of her meal.

" Don't force yourself," Abhimanyu spoke, taking the spoon from her hands gently. Amayra nodded gratefully.

" If you don't wanna eat, don't force yourself," Zaira spoke in guilt.

Amayra's nodded with a smile, trying to assure her.

" Are you still not able to eat food little one?"

Abhimanyu asked, as soon as they entered her room. Abhimanyu was seated on the couch with Amayra on his lap.

Amayra shook her head absentmindedly.

Years of starvation.

It won't go with a flick of her fingers right?

Amayra recalled an incident from a few days ago when she told Abhimanyu and Adhiraj about that incident. They had asked her if they could see her back. They even arranged a team of doctors for her. They were the best medical professionals with a world known doctor leading the team for her. They could treat her scars. But she denied. She wasn't comfortable with strangers seeing her back. They still arranged a nurse to clean and apply ointment to her back. The nurse didn't even blink while doing her job. She was as emotionless as a robot. It made Amayra relieved.

However today, something changed.

She was browsing through her phone casually when she noticed a beautiful red dress. It was elegant and classy and she really wanted to try it. And then, when she imagined herself in it, all she felt was disgust and helplessness. She knew her scars would have ruined the alluring dress if she ever wore it.

She really wanted to make her scars disappear. She wanted to feel pretty and confident like other girls.

And now, she has made the decision.

It was when Abhimanyu kissed her forehead then she realized that he was leaving. Looks like he had seen her zoning out and decided to leave her. She didn't even realize when he had placed her on the couch.