46.

(Amayra's dress above)

Amayra's narrative

I looked at the various dresses present inside my walk in closet and pursed my lips in a thought. It was finally the weekend and my mother's side of family was coming over. Hopefully, Mr. Rajput too.

I finally settled on a dress, and even though my legs were exposed, for the first time, I didn't mind. My scars have vanished completely from the excellent treatment my father got for me. I'll forever be grateful for him and the doctors for that. However, the whip lashes on my back are still not completely

"Amayra, are you feeling good now?" Mumma asked, entering my room and checking my temperature.

Yeah, I got a temperature a few days back and let me tell you, I was not able to attend the classes ever since the time I found Mr. Rajput being my cousin.

I smiled brightly at her, "I'm fine Mama."

Together, we went downstairs, only to see a group of people huddled around the living room. I clutched my Mum's hand out of nervousness, and she smiled reassuringly at me. The people's gaze finally found me, and a few squeals were heard.

I smiled shyly and waved at them, seeing the need to offer a response. I went towards my Papa and stood beside him, holding his sleeve. He smiled down warmly at me and introduced the group of people, "So, guys, meet Amayra. Amayra, your maternal family." I smiled at them and my gaze turned to Abhimanyu Bhai's friends, who were also present there.

"Hey Myra! So, I'll introduce you to everyone," Uncle Shiv, my Mamu, told. I've met him before, of course.

"These are my children. My son Rohan Mehra and my daughters, Nisha and Naina Mehra," I smiled at Naina who waved excitedly at me and Rohan and Nisha smiling fondly.

Rohan was in my class!

My eyes twinkled when I saw him.

I saw him with Sameer the other day.

"This is my son Rehan and daughter Samaira," uncle Shrey introduced us.

No aunts whatsoever.

Are they dead?

"Yes they are," Uncle Shiv smiled softly. "I'm sorry," I frowned. He just shook his head. Samaira smiled softly at me and went away, leaving me confused, however, Rehan smiled reassuringly at me.

Others didn't seem to mind her because I could tell that they were used to it. I have a feeling this was a daily occurrence.

"She's going to work. I'm sure she'll be backsoon," Uncle Shrey comments frowning.