8.

Author's POV

The silence in the atmosphere was deafening. The tension, was so thick, you could probably it cut with a knife. The only sound audible was probably of the people inhaling and exhaling the air, present inside the room. The anxiety and nervousness was visible on their faces. They were lost, clueless, and most importantly, restless.

Restless to know that how did the girl, they kept in their mansion for a week, just dissapeared without a trace. They've spent the whole last night to find any clue, any lead, to find her; they got none.

A shrill sound of a phone ringing broke the silence. Ruffling his hair messily, Druv picked up the call.

" Any clue?", he asked the person on the other side of the call.

" No sir, we didn't get any clue, the CCTV footage was missing, and surprisingly, none of the bodyguards saw anyone even entering the mansion.", he heard the other person say.

" Try to find any clue, any backup, anything. I want that girl back and safe. Got it?", he ordered. Getting a positive response from the other side, he hung up the call.

" There's no damn way that they've not seen anyone coming in!", Dhruv exclaimed.

" She might have escaped?", it was meant to be a statement, but came out as a question. Listening Vikram's words, Dhruv shot him an incredulous look.

" Did you not remember she can't walk?", he asked him sarcastically. Vikram huffed.

" Boys! Can you both shut it already? She's missing! She can be in danger for god's sake!", Vansh let out a frustrated sigh.

" Maybe they know who the person is, but they......won't tell. Or maybe they were so distracted, that they didn't notice anyone entering. ", he added thoughtfully.

" But it's impossible, they are all Veer's men. More loyal than anyone, why would they not tell? And how would they not notice, there are almost ten guards in the mansion.", Shruti asked.

" Because they might not be loyal.", Vansh spoke.

" Or maybe, they were threatened to not speak. ", he added again.

" No one can threaten them. They are all top notch fighters. And who is this person who is more threatening than us?", Dhruv enquired. It's true, who can be a person so threatening that even some of the most skilled fighters were afraid of him. It felt ridiculous.

" And not everyone can be disloyal, it's utterly ridiculous!", Shruti exclaimed.

" Or they were ordered to be silent.", everyone snapped their heads to Vansh, who let out those words.

" Impossible! No one could order them except you all, the Rajputs, and Abhimanyu bhai and Grandpa. And we would have known if they would have told them to do so, as you all have clearly not. Plus, why would they anyway? It's not like they kidnapped her or something. ", Dhruv said. Everyone nodded thoughtfully.

Oh if only they knew...

" Yesterday, when I came home, Malik was unconscious on the floor. Maybe, he would have known something?", Shruti told them. Now that she thought over it, it felt suspicious.

" No...", Vikram shook his head.

" As you told, he was unconscious, how would he know? If someone did drug him, they drugged him for a reason. And I already enquired him, he told nothing.", he finished.

Before they could contemplate their thoughts further, the double doors of the mansion were pushed open, as they all turned their attention towards the entrance. And much to their surprise, they saw someone who was certainly unexpected to grace them with their presence.