Abhimanyu's narrative

Amayra?

Why is she calling me now?

Isn't she in school?

I immediately received the call and placed the phone near my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke calmly. Heavy breathing was heard from the other side.

Something is wrong.

"Amayra?" I say it softly, trying to get a response. I looked at the screen; there was no message. It was strange. She never called and usually messaged everyone.

"Little one, what's wrong?" I ask her in the same soft tone. A sob was heard from the other side as I froze.

"B-Bhai?" I heard a soft voice from the other side, and I stiffened further. My breath hitched as I heard that. It was the most alluring voice I've ever heard. The voice was soft and sweet, just like honey.

"Amayra, is that you?" I speak slowly, trying to calm myself.

No. It's not her, right?

"I-It's me," I heard sniffling from the other side, followed by a light sob.

Shock covered my senses as I heard that. She's speaking?

My sister's finally speaking?!

"Baby, what's wrong?" I spoke hurriedly.

"Please save me. They are hurting me." I heard her sob again, fear lacing her voice.

"You bitch! Where are you?!" I heard another voice.

Who the fuck is he?!

I immediately stood up and ran out of the conference room. The meeting could go to hell for all I care!

"Where are you, sweetheart?" I asked her in instantly.

"School..." I heard her voice.

"Hang on. I'm coming, alright? I'm coming to you," I coaxed her gently.

A loud, gut-wrenching scream was all I heard before the line went dead.

I hastily made my way out of the building and drove towards my destination, driving like a maniac.

***

Amayra's narrative

I screamed as one of the boys yanked me through my hair. A sharp pain shot up my scalp, and he dragged me out. I saw the other two boys standing there. I fell down on my knees as he kicked me.

"Please," I whisper. I sobbed at my state. If it were before, I would have endured it, but now, when everything seems like a fairytale, I don't want to experience the cruelty again.

So I left my comfort zone.

I spoke.

I once again pleaded for mercy.