47.

Abhimanyu's narrative

"Rishi, hand me the file," I spoke.

Rishi nodded, adjusting his glasses and passed me the file I asked for. I flipped through the pages and read them carefully, trying to find any loopholes. Finding none, I signed the papers and kept the file away.

I was in my office today and right now, I have been working tirelessly from the morning. The Singhania office needs my attention, but my own companies do too.

"The work is finished. Do you wanna head home now?" Lorenzo asks me.

I release a sigh of exhaustion and leaned back in my chair, "I'll stay a bit."

Reyansh looks at me and for once, he looked serious, "Don't overwork yourself," he says.

"Things need to be done. That's the only way," I said.

"How's the baby doing?" Siddharth chuckles.

I frowned a bit and shook my head, "She's not looking too good."

At that, everyone frowned, "Why?"

I sighed, "I don't know. She doesn't talk to anyone now and keeps to herself. Something's bothering her."

She was one shy kid, but now, she seems closed off.

"Is someone troubling her?" Reyansh offers his doubt.

My lips twitched at that, "I hope not."

"You talked to her?" Lorenzo asked me.

"I tried to. But she denied anything wrong. It's been four days," I said, a bit tensed.

What's wrong with my baby sister?

"Why don't you guys join us today. Veer's coming anyway, tell Samarth too," I offer thoughtfully.

Maybe they could figure out something.

Rishi nodded, "Sure, why not."

The rest agreed too, and I nodded slightly.

Together, we made our way towards the mansion. Entering inside, I was greeted by the sight of my family already seated on the dining table. I sat down and my friends followed, sitting beside me in a line. My left was occupied by Lorenzo whereas Veer took the seat to my right.

"Call Myra," Mom spoke, arranging the dishes.

"I'll go," Rishi gave me a pointed look, and left to fetch Amayra.

"Something's wrong with Amayra," I heard Veer whisper in my ears. I narrowed my eyes at that. He noticed.

"Do you know why she's so distant?" Dad asks, startling my friends. I shook my head vehemently, waiting for Amayra to arrive.

Is she hiding something from me again?

My chest tightens at the thought.

That's when she finally arrived with Rishi. Her head was down, just like it used to before. Everyone was finally seated on their chairs and we finally started eating. The dinner passed with the occasional chatter and now, everyone was heading to the movie room. I stayed back, along with my friends. Together, we went to my study.

"So?" I started, looking at them.

"She was pale," Reyansh said.

"Distant!"

"Too quiet!"

"Didn't even eat!"

Thanks Sid.

"She looked scared," Rishi says, engrossed in his thoughts.