13.

Author's POV

" Boss, Mrs. Zaira has arrived at the Singhania Manor."

Abhimanyu declined the call as soon as he heard those words. A smirk graced his lips, as he took a sip of his drink.

" Mom, I'm glad you're back. But," he nodded to himself.

" Someone's going to pay. . .so badly. "

A knock on his door interrupted his thoughts.

" In!" He ordered.

" Boss, Ms. Singhania has not been sleeping last night," A person informed him, as he bowed down.

Abhimanyu raised his eyebrows and nodded, " Alright, she's not sleeping, I'll see to it."

" You just tell me," He crossed his arms, after placing his drink on the table.

" What were you doing there, when she was taking rest and was in her bedroom?" He gritted.

The silence from the other person spoke volumes for him, as closed his eyes.

" Anthony! Take him to the basement." He ordered his guard.

" Abhimanyu, don't you think it's a bit extreme?" Lorenzo asked hesitantly.

Abhimanyu exhaled sharply.

" Do you think," he started.

" I would like my sister being watched by anyone, specially at night, when she was supposed to be resting?" He asked him.

Lorenzo nodded and spoke, " Give him a special treatment!"

" So, Aunt Zaira is back." He said after a moment of silence.

Abhimanyu hummed, " And most probably wants to meet me by now."

" How do you know?" Lorenzo questions.

" How will I not know my mother?" He fired back.

" Alright! But, why is Myra not sleeping?" Lorenzo wondered.

" Wait, when did you last saw her?" He asked him accusingly.

Abhimanyu thought of the last time he saw her, when he gave her the sweet basket. He did had a long chat with her, in which he was the only one speaking, and at last, he again did mess up.

He has not met her since, and really wasn't in the mood to. He would remember how he failed her, and he didn't want to lash out on her.

He has been working hard these days, for the upcoming project, and to settle scores for his private life too.

" To give her the family she deserves, I need not to meet her these few days. Once everything is settled, she wouldn't run away now, would she?" He sipped his drink.

" You should be considerate towards your sister, she is your family." Lorenzo piqued.

Abhimanyu nodded, " She's my only family, and she deserves more than she does. And for that, I need to settle everything down."

" So, everything's according to the plan?" Lorenzo asked.

---

" Arhaan bhai, our big bro is pretty. . . dangerous, right?" Ahaan asked.

" You both really don't remember him do you?" Arhaan asked them back.

" No, we don't. We were only like, four year old. How can we remember him?" Armaan defended his twin.

" And we also had sisters and one of them is our triplet, why don't we know of it?" He asked angrily.

" Nah bro, I don't think this girl is nice. Didn't you hear what others spoke about her. She may not be our sister too." Ahaan piqued in, as he munched on his snacks.