12.

Author's POV

The atmosphere was tense. The silence in the air was deafening, the tension was thick, and the people present in the scene were experiencing the jolts of changing emotions.

The emotions of anger, anxiousness, frustration, guilt and regret were rolling off in waves and felt by every single person present there.

In the morning, everyone was very happy to meet Zaira and the children again. They decorated the whole manor and even prepared a great feast for them, but they never thought it would end up like this.

" You did what?", Zaira asked calmly, and it sent chills down the spine of every person.

Seeing Adhiraj's silence, she nodded menacingly.

" You," she nodded.

" Disowned my son?", she asked him.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THAT!", she bellowed angrily as her eyes turned red.

A tear escaped her eye as she clutched his collar tightly, " How can you do that to my son Adhiraj, how can you do that to our son? You disowned him," she yelled at him.

" For a girl you just met?", her voice turned into a mere whisper at the end as she fell down on her knees.

Swati Singhania stepped forward and caught her, pacifying her smoothly.

She rubbed her back, " It's okay Zaira! He'll be back, don't stress yourself."

Wiping her tears harshly, Zaira stood up as she looked at Adhiraj with bloodshot eyes.

" If he is my son, she is my daughter too, Zaira. I didn't teach him to disrespect a woman, let alone harassing one! That too his sister!", Adhiraj tried to explain himself, as he spoke loudly.

She pointed her finger at him, " You Adhiraj Singhania, need not to explain yourself," she spoke as Adhiraj turned silent listening her words.

She pointed her finger at his chest furiously, " You need to bring my son back, I don't care how, you will bring my Abhimanyu back! Do you hear me!?"

" He won't come Zaira, we all tried for years! He just wouldn't come!", Adhiraj exclaimed in frustration.

" Do you expect him to come back when you humiliated him publicly and banned him from the city?", Arhaan snapped furiously, loosing his calm.

Those words cut as sharp as a knife to Adhiraj that came from Arhaan, as the latter taunted him.

" Do you not know our son, Adhiraj?", Zaira asked calmly.

" You really think out of all people, he would do something like that?", she asked him.

She turned to the other people present in the hall, " And you all let him do that?"

She raised her eyebrows, " Then show me, who is this daughter you speak so highly of?" She taunted, pressurizing on the word daughter.

Seeing her not budge, Adhiraj passed her phone to Zaira, as a picture lit up on the screen.

" So you even kept a picture of her? Wow!" She taunted him yet again.

She gazed at the picture intensely, figuring out the similarities between themselves and the girl in the picture and looking through the DNA report in her hand which Sameer gave her.

She chuckled ruefully, " Alright! She looks like us," she nodded lightly.

" But I don't consider her my daughter.", she declared.