5.

Author's Pov

It was almost six days since Vikram found the girl. Everything was going smoothly. Vikram and his family made sure of her well being. The little girl was very well injected of the medications in her body as she remained unconscious till date. It was then, when Vikram realized that she could wake up anytime soon.

" Mom, I'm have to leave, duty calls!", Vikram informed his mother as he finishes wearing his shoes.

" Of course son, bye! And take care!", his mother yelled from the kitchen.

" Take care of girly will ya!?", he yelled back, now adjusting his uniform a bit.

" Okay!", she yelled back instantly.

---

It was almost lunch time as Shruti Rajput heard her phone blaring with a call. As soon as she glanced at the caller ID, she immediately received the call.

" Honey, I missed an important file at work, can you please come hand it over? It's a bit confidential, otherwise I would have asked the other officers to take it to me.", Vansh's apologetic voice reached her ears from the other side of the phone.

Contemplating for a bit, Shruti weighed the pro's and con's. The girl could wake up anytime, and she didn't wanted her to feel scared. Deciding that she will be back in no time, she told Vansh that she'll be there in a few, and disconnected the call.

Getting inside the guest room, she told the nurse hired for her 24/7, to take care of her as she will be back soon.

Hurrying outside the mansion, she immediately sat inside her car and drove off to the police headquarters.

---

Sitting inside the bedroom of the mansion, Adhiraj Singhania was lost in his deep thoughts.

He never knew he hurted his son so much with his foolish actions. If only he had trusted him truly.

How could he even think he could do something like that?

He couldn't believe he believed someone else over his own true son. Now, his son doesn't even spare him a glance. How useless he feels failing five of his children.

Only one of them really live with him.

One hates him to the core.

One of them is still missing.

Three of them decided to leave him.

Oh how much he yearns for all of his children and the love of his life. He has all the riches of the world yet he didn't have something that he yearned for.

Family

Love

Peace

Happiness

He was ashamed.

Yet it was his fault he never corrected his decisions.

He was in denial.

He knew he trusted the wrong person.

He knew he blamed the wrong one.

Yet here he is, still in denial caring for the guilty and punishing the victim.

Though his other three sons were very friendly with him, but he could never forget that they left because of him, even if they were just finishing their studies. He never wanted the twins to stay away.

He misses them. Very much.

A lone tear escaped his eye as he stared the photo frame of his wife with his kids.