27.

Author's POV

" Are you not done yet?"

A gentle voice startled me. I had just completed writing down my essay which my teacher has given me. He told that they were important assignments that were needed to be done before the final examinations started. It's been almost four days I've attended the classes. The final examinations would start in just like ten days.

I nodded and handed him my assignment. He gave me a charming smile and took the file from my hands.

" Alright class!" He exclaimed.

" I'll grade these papers and hand them back to you guys. Let's just revise our syllabus so that you all can do well in the classes," he says.

Mr. Samarth began teaching as I completely zoned out.

To be honest, from all the people I've met till now, including my family, he seemed to be the most normal one out of them. For instance, Abhimanyu, my father, my grandpa and uncle Mihir are always cold around people. They always have their guards up. Aunt Swati, grandma and Mahira bhabhi are too sweet and aunt Lekha and Shikha bhabhi are too sassy. Most of my brothers are too hyperactive and silly and some are too arrogant. Rishabh is too calm and Vihaan is too careless.

All of Abhimanyu's friends are dramatic except one; Rishi.

Mr. Samarth and Rishi are the only ones who seemed feel have all the emotions like a normal human.

" Alright class! Dismissed," Mr. Samarth dismisses the class with a wave of his hand and began arranging the papers on his desk.

Everyone was out of the classroom in a instant as I struggled to make way for myself.

" Amayra, I need to speak with you for a moment, can you stay back?" Mr. Samarth asks suddenly looking at me.

" Alone." He says, looking at Angel.

Angel looked at me and spoke loudly.

" I'm right outside, call me if necessary."

Her every word was loud and clear to both of us. Something in Mr. Samarth snapped as he looked at Angel sharply.

" Ms. Jones, I think you should have known me better than a man who could hurt or take advantage of a little girl," he said in the same sharp tone.

" Well, we never know sir." Angel replied back curtly as I stood with my mouth agape. I elbowed Angel harshly and signaled her to shut up.

She huffed and went outside the room directly.

Mr. Samarth shook his head as he looked at me gently.

" Amayra," he started in a gentle voice.

" I won't hurt you. Can you please take a seat? It's your free period right? I wanna talk with you about something." He spoke those words as I sat down on the front seat calmly. Even though I was freaking out internally.

What if he really took advantage of me?

I gazed at him in judgement and felt myself loosing up a little when he sat down on his chair.

" So, I've been looking at your performance and I must say you're doing exceptionally good. I can say you're going to ace your examinations this year." He said and I felt myself being happy over his words.

Arhaan is really teaching me well these days. He makes sure that all my topics in every subject is clear.

I smiled a little as he began again, " I know it's not my place to interfere but I've been requested by the authorities to help you with your interacting skills too," he pursed his lips.