20.

Author's POV

The day rolled by as Abhimanyu continued to drive towards their destination. It was already five in the evening when the car halted near the large entrance of a building.

Abhimanyu moved out of the car and opened the door for Amayra as she stepped out of the car.

He held her hand in his, looking down at her. "Let's go."

They walked inside, as Amayra saw a few people walking right behind them. She tightened her grip on Abhimanyu's hand, making him look down at her. She gestured behind them as Abhimanyu followed her gaze.

He stopped walking and looked back at her. "They are our guards," he told her. Amayra nodded to herself, feeling relieved. However, her shoulders turned tense.

Abhimanyu says suddenly, "Have you ever been to an amusement park?"

She shook her head at his question.

She had heard about it from the kids at her orphanage when she was little, about how much it was exciting and nice to enjoy in an amusement park, but she never went to one.

He looked down at her as she noticed a tiny bit of sadness covering his features, but it was gone as soon as it came. He bent down and looked at her in the eyes and said, "I was planning on taking you there, but you're still healing. We all will go together the next time, okay?" He flicked her nose lightly, making her scrunch it up adorably.

Amayra Miraya Singhania's POV

Nervousness bubbled up inside me as I walked inside the large building, and honestly, the bright lights and loud noises were overwhelming. It was too crowded; I immediately felt a knot forming in my tummy. Abhimanyu held my hand in a firm grasp, providing me with a sense of security.

Abhimanyu stopped abruptly and mumbled something under his breath, his eyes racking over the enormous crowd of people. Almost immediately, several men came running and encircled us, blocking my view.

He slipped his hand inside his pocket and fetched out his phone. Tapping a few times, he held the phone closer to his ear and said, "I told you to clear the area; then why the hell is it still crowded?"

He growled at the person on the other side, making me flinch. He looked down at me, his eyes softening visibly.

The person on the other side said something, diverting his attention, yet his eyes never left mine. "Then lessen the crowd as much as possible! And make sure none of the people that are left should carry their phones. I don't want any paparazzi either." He spoke in frustration.

He continued speaking on his phone when a mask was passed on to me.

I looked towards the owner of the hand only to see a lady guard smiling at me. "Ma'am, Abhimanyu sir has asked you to wear this mask." I saw Abhimanyu nodding to me, still talking on his phone.

I took the mask from her hands and put it on, looking at the lady gratefully. Smilingly, she stepped back to her original place, her face as stern as ever.

"Amayra." Abhimanyu's voice reached my ears. I looked at him and said, "It's going to be clear in a minute or two. I hope you don't mind." I shook my head.

He's already doing so much for me.

The whole place was emptied in a minute or two, leaving only a few people here and there. The place was still buzzing with people, yet this was much better.

Abhimanyu dismissed the guards with a flick of his fingers as we continued walking further. I turned back, only to see the guards were nowhere to be found. I shrugged to myself.