CHAPTER 5

WARNING! Some of the scene in this chapter may be unsuitable for some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

CHAPTER 5 - I HATE THAT I LIKE IT

I don't get it!

I whined as I sulked in the shower. I raised my hand and stared at the ring Theo put on awhile ago—our wedding band.

I couldn't help but admire the sparkling beauty of the diamonds set in its shining white gold band. The design was intricate and elegant.

The Don mentioned before that Theo had it custom made for our wedding. I couldn't believe Theo had gone to such lengths and put a lot of thought into the design. Every detail was flawless. At that time, I was so overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and felt touched by the sweetness of the gesture.

But now, this ring seemed to mock me. A constant reminder that he was only forced to do it.

What's the use of wearing this anyway? Why was he so angry and annoyed that I took it off?

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him take off his ring. He wears it constantly as if he was so proud of it.

As if.

But what's the use if he wears it or not? Does it matter? For sure, it was just an accessory for him, with no meaning behind it, and he did not even value it at all. Better yet he would just remove it.

His ring was like a mockery for me too.

There's no point dwelling on this anyway. It would only lead to more stress, and I would still get nothing out of it.

I noticed that my hands are getting crinkled from staying here for too long. It also made me wonder what the time was. Was Theo sleeping already?

I turned off the shower and put on my robe. I was taken aback when I stepped out of the shower and saw Theo standing in our adjoining walk-in closet wearing nothing but a towel below his waist.

His abs were visible from where I stood, and his skin glistened with water droplets. His black hair was still damp and slicked back. I felt my heart skip a beat as I marveled at him. However, I quickly averted my gaze before he even notice I was drooling over him.

I can't deny the fact that Theo was an Adonis. He was gifted with looks and oozing with sex appeal. In spite of all this, all I could do was stare.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I wonder if he doesn't find me attractive to even try. Or not sexy enough? Well maybe he had low libido? Or maybe he's just not interested.

Do I want to?

I wouldn't lie. I hate to admit it but I do.

I have needs and if you have someone like him walking around your house, like teasing you most of the days with his topless body and sleeping with only boxers on, that need gets stronger. Sometimes I find myself fantasizing about it.

I hate it, but what can I do? I tried to turn off that side of me but it was impossible if you have Theodore Salvatore as a husband.

He doesn't seem bothered though. I know he saw me looking surprised when I saw him, but he kept a straight face. Maybe he was used to it? Maybe I always have the same expression every time I run into him after he showered.

Despite his eyes trailing off to my body, I did not see any reaction from him whatsoever.

Well, what do I expect? That he would feel aroused and push me against the wall and devour me? I flushed at the idea. Yeah, right. I could only dream of it.