CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 25 - AND JUST LIKE THAT

"I don't need a reason to see my wife, Lukas." Theo responded, his voice icy and stern, which sent chills down my spine. "So, if you'll excuse us, my wife and I have some things to discuss in private."

Theo is in his authoritative mode, like there is no room for any argument. I recognized that unwavering conviction in his voice, and I know this is not the time for objections or debates.

I've witnessed this side of him numerous times. This is how he talked to his people whenever something serious was at stake. He was very strict and uncompromising. His presence was always so overwhelming, I swear I could always feel the power emanating from him. Like I'd also fold and do what he asked the guards to do!

It was so compelling, as if he put us all under his spell.

I remember the first time I saw this side of him, I was blown away. To be in the presence of a powerful man is one thing, but to feel his power, his charisma, and his intensity is something else entirely.

He spoke with such conviction and intensity that it left us all drawn to him like a magnet.

But for me, I'm spellbound. Like what he does now.

Which I hate!

But in the midst of this black magic he cast on me, I still managed to compose myself and meekly nod my head in agreement.

That's not composing oneself, that's simply obeying his command!

I ignored the mockery in my head and focused my attention on Theo's mob boss mode.

You want to talk?

Fine!

I have a million things to ask you anyway.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, instead, I breathed deeply and walked past him--heading to my bedroom to have this talk.

I could hear his footsteps behind me as I walked, and with every step he made, my heart raced faster and faster.

Why can't he be like Lukas where I can joke around and laugh with? Why does he always have to make my heart beat too fast, as if my chest will burst? On top of that, he can make my whole body weak and my knees jelly-like with just one glance.

Seriously, he's not good for my health!

I opened the door to my room and stepped inside. Theo followed and closed the door behind him. My heart still pounding in my chest, I wasn't sure how to make it steady at this point! His presence alone in a confined room was making me nervous and my head spin with thoughts and questions. I was trying to catch my breath as I stood there, trying to maintain my composure.

"So, you went out even after what happened? Do you realize how risky it is?" He said. His voice was calm but with an edge of anger beneath it.

"I don't have anything to do here," I replied. "I can't just sit around and do nothing. What else am I supposed to do?"

I turned to Theo whose face was unreadable. He was silent for a few moments before he sighed and said, "You should have told me about it."

I almost laugh sarcastically at his suggestion. Like seriously?

And at that moment, I felt the nervousness leave my body and replaced it with a feeling of courage and determination.

"That's the thing. I know you won't allow me anyway. Plus, what difference will it make? It's not as if you would've come here and accompany me, right?" I raised my brow as if my question was more of a challenge for him. I felt like I was on fire and carried on, not giving him any chance to interfere.