CHAPTER 45

CHAPTER 45 - THE SECRET IS OUT

When I woke up, I scanned the room and realized I was in a strange place. I had no idea where I was or how I got there. I was disoriented and confused.

I tried to recall the last memory I had, but the only thing I could remember was...

Theo!

I sat up abruptly, feeling a wave of panic wash over me as the horror scene replayed in my mind.

He got shot.

He was bleeding.

And I left him there.

I freakin left him!

But, as far as I remember, I was forced to leave him bleeding. I was dragged away from him, unable to help him in any way.

Dragged away by...

"Good evening, princess."

My head whirled to look at the source of the voice and my rage boiled over at the familiar figure standing in the doorway.

What is she doing here?

"Where is Theo? What did you do to him?" I asked, enraged, as I stared her down. My fists tightened and my jaw clenched as I waited for her answer.

"Me?" She asked back with a sarcastic laugh. "More like what did your family do to our boss." She snarled.

I frowned at her, clearly taken aback by her response and not understanding the implication of any of her words.

She chuckled at my expression. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Penny." A stern voice said. I looked around and saw Andreas now standing beside Penelope with his arms crossed. "Be nice." He said in a warning tone.

Andreas looked different than usual. He was always this smug and arrogant friend of Theo, but now even his talking style was different. His tone was low and confident, and his stance was strong and upright. His hair was groomed slick back and his clothes were well-fitted, giving him an air of sophistication. He was wearing glasses this time which added an intellectual aura to him, making him look mature and wise, not the jerk he was usually presenting himself to be.

He looked like a completely different person, and it was quite unsettling.

With this, I couldn't help but wonder.

Who are these people?

Penelope addresses Theo as Boss, and Andreas appears smart instead of a jackass.

"By the look on your face, you must be wondering what's going on." Andreas said in that low and calm tone that made me even more lost. "I can't tell everything, but I can assure you you're in a safe place and the boss will be okay. He should be here soon."

When I was about to ask him more questions, I was interrupted by Penelope's huffed of disapproval. "Andreas, how do you expect her to trust us and your words if she doesn't know who we really are?"

Penelope started walking towards me, her eyes filled with amusement and at the same time, seriousness. "You probably know me as your husband's mistress, but in actuality, I'm just his right hand."

What?

I was speechless, taken aback by the bomb she just dropped. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

His right hand.

I felt a wave of disbelief and confusion wash over me, and I was too shocked to say anything.