CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7 - WILL YOU TAKE CARE OF ME?

"He left this world, but that doesn't mean he couldn't hear you play for him and make him proud."

Theo's words echoed in my head. With his words of encouragement as my guide, I was determined to give an outstanding performance for this recital.

He was right, despite my grandad's passing, I can still sing for him even though he's no longer here. I wasn't sure why I hadn't thought of it at that time. I needed someone like Theo to remind me of the power of music.

I was hesitant to attend this at first, but look at me now.

Ready to showcase my talent to the world to achieve my dream.

It's been five days since I met the Salvatores. To be honest, I haven't thought much about the proposal yet. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to take the risk of being a mafia's wife. I need to think it through and decide whether it's the right path for me. I haven't even told my best friend, Selena, the details of our talk. I just told her about their family heritage and how it connected to my grandfather, but left out the promise and marriage part.

She would flip that's for sure.

I felt tempted to accept the offer though. It was indeed my grandfather's last wish. The idea of having another family again, not feeling alone in this world, has me leaning more towards accepting this proposal.

But what about the cons?

What is the downside of marrying into a mafia family?

There would be many, but I wasn't sure why I didn't have even one to think clearly about. Does it have anything to do with my desire not to think about it?

The Don said that the perception of the Mafia now is different than it was before, not just committing crimes and erroneous behavior. In his quest to change the stigma attached to his Mafia heritage, he highlighted the positive aspects that had been overlooked for so long. Like a sense of community and support within the organization, as well as a strong code of loyalty and honor. He wanted to show that the Mafia could be a force for good too, and not just for evil.

There's no doubt that Theo will bring the same values to the next generation and make it even better.

It doesn't make sense why he's been occupying my thoughts for the past few days. My mind kept wandering back to the first day we met, especially that part when he said those encouraging words about my grandad. It gave me the courage to carry on and push through this.

It was amazing to think that the person I just met could have such an impact on me and make that kind of connection. In a way, it was as if he knew what I was thinking.

Is this a soulmate thing?

Oh god! Stop obsessing over it, Lia. It might just be out of context, but how would he know about my struggle? Maybe it's just a coincidence. Or maybe... have they already done a background check on me?

It's possible, considering their wide connections and potential to welcome me into the family, they should know who was coming, right?

But why do I feel it is different with Theo? Or do I just want it to be different?

It takes more than physical attraction to say yes to a lifetime commitment, Amelia! Take some time to think about it and not be too quick to make decisions. I reminded myself.

"Are you ready?"

My thoughts were interrupted by Selena coming into my dressing room. She was beaming with a huge smile on her face.