CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2 - I'M MARRIED

"Well, well, well. Someone dressed up extra today." Selena teased as a way of greeting. I just rolled my eyes in response and got in to her car.

She parked about a quarter of a mile from the villa, where she always goes whenever she picks me up. I have to be cautious and make sure not to be detected as always, otherwise I would be screwed.

It's not like I was a prisoner in my own home, no it's not like that. It's just that every time I go out, I had to let Theo know for him to decide if it would be safe or not, and I should be accompanied by guards at all times. Okay, now that I put it that way, that did sound like a prisoner.

I get it, being married to a Mafia—and future mafia boss of the Salvatore clan who holds large cities, has a lot of cons, as if I could cite a single pros to this. That was probably the reason I wasn't exposed much, for me to be protected and out of danger.

Well, if I were being honest, I think that hiding me was because of the fact that Theo could do whatever he wants with his mistress freely and without any malice. I bet he even introduced her as his wife. I was starting to believe that aside from the fact that the Don wanted to fulfill his promise to my grandfather, they also wanted someone who would produce an heir to the Salvatore clan.

I laughed at the idea. If that was the case, Theo should have jumped on my bed immediately so he could disposed me of the moment I give birth to the future Salvatore Don. But he didn't. He couldn't even bring himself to kiss me, for god's sake!

The Don just wanted to fulfill his promise then. He should have married me off to someone less heartless, someone who could possibly love me, not someone who already had a woman in his life.

Theo was probably the only one available. Besides, he was the first grandson—the heir to the Salvatore Clan.

"I haven't seen you dress like that after you got married. Have you finally get to your senses and realize you need to get yourself a lover?" Selena continued to make fun of me, but I was far from being humored.

"Say that in-front of my husband and we'll—"

"See if he cares?" She finished off with a laugh. I know that it was only a joke, but somehow it speaks to the reality I was in anyway. Would Theo—my husband, care if he catch me with another man? I laughed at the ridiculous idea.

For all I know, he would even use that to file a divorce right away and tell me off to the Don. What a hypocrite.

"Well, I give you that." I responded with a laugh, jumping into the bashing-my-husband wagon. "We're so lucky I don't have any guards with me, otherwise, these words would have reached him. You know how loyal they are to each other."

"Such a funny thing how their number one virtue is loyalty, when that mafia of yours doesn't even practice it."

We both laughed at this, it was funny, but sad at the same time. He is loyal, but not to me. I wanted to remind her of that, but that would just trigger her even more and urge me to just leave him.

"You know, if he doesn't want you, there would be tons of guys queuing to have you, and that's a fact." I hit her so hard that it almost made her lose control over the wheels. She complained, but I shushed her and told her she deserved it.

"Do you remember the guys vying for your attention back in school? And if you didn't marry Theo, you would have been this country's sweet heart! You're too talented to be a plain sexless housewife."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." Was my only response.

Selena and I went to a prestigious performing arts school. She did make it to the industry—in fact, she's a rising pop star now. As for me, I was into composing and playing piano. But I left all that for the dream of having a family—which was my ultimate dream rather than to be in the limelight.