CHAPTER 48

THEO'S POV

CHAPTER 48 - PROTECT HER

"Well?" Andreas greeted us the moment we stepped foot into the study. His face filled with a curious expression and his brow shot up as he waited impatiently for our response. "I guess three days is enough for your research right, boss?"

While I ignored him, Penelope chuckled at whatever she found humorous about Andreas' question.

"Something funny?" I asked, my tone flat, not understanding what had amused her.

She smiled and said, "Just a thought I had. Don't worry, I won't share it." She finished with a wink, as if she was holding onto a secret that she found incredibly amusing and didn't want to reveal.

I ignored her silly remarks and went to my desk. Even when I wasn't looking, I could feel both their eyes following me, curiosity lingering in the air as I settled down at my desk. . I carried on doing my usual task, reviewing the documents in front of me, while trying to brush off their intrusive stares.

Their curiosity, whatever it was, now hung over me like a shroud, leaving me restless and distracted.

"What?" I finally asked. Andreas and Penelope sat in front of me, their eyes fixed on mine. While Penelope had a knowing smirk on her face, Andreas seemed more concerned. His brows furrowed.

"Did something happen?" Andreas' tone grew more anxious and Penny's expression wasn't doing him any favor. It was clear that she knew something that Andreas didn't, and her smirk only fueled his growing worry.

He hates it when he aren't involved or not knowing anything, he despises feeling left in the dark and not having a clear understanding of the situation.

That's perfectly understandable.

He is in fact my advisor after all.

He should know everything, especially when it involves making important decisions and navigating complex situations. As the mafia boss' advisor, he should have a deep understanding of my goals, strengths, and weaknesses. Provide guidance based on that knowledge.

Not only that, I also trust Andreas and Penelope with my life. Their combined expertise, one being the brain and the other being the brawn, ensured my rise to power and dominance in the underworld.

Their unwavering loyalty and impeccable strategies have proven time and time again to be the key factors in my success, making both of them indispensable allies in my quest for more power and control.

Andreas' extensive knowledge of the underground world and strategic thinking, combined with Penelope's physical strength and combat skills, were the foundation that ensured success in my position as the next Salvatore Don.

As a result, I was able to earn the title of The Scorpion.

And the best thing about this, none of the people around us suspected that Andreas and Penny were in my inner circle. They thought Andreas was just my douchy friend, and Penny was often referred to as my girlfriend, completely unaware of the alliance we had formed.

Our covert collaboration allowed us to execute our plans undetected. This made it even easier to maintain the charade and deceive those around us.

Not even my grandfather, the Don, knew about this. He kept insisting on me forming my own circle as early as possible. He even suggested putting Lukas--my cousin, as part of it.

"So?" Andreas asked again, alternating looks between me and Penny. His eyes were filled with curiosity and suspicion. "What are you keeping from me?"

I scoffed at his insistent attitude. "What made you think I'm keeping something from you?" I retorted, crossing my arms casually.