CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8 - WHAT A FCKIN DEMON

My eyes were filled with tears when I woke up.

Why did my mind play tricks on me and make me remember my first meeting with Theo, and that recital? I had been trying to forget that memory, but it had come back in full force. It seemed like my mind was determined to torture me.

I was young and naive at that time. Lost and desperate for a family. I thought I could trust him with my ultimate dream, but I was wrong. That was probably my biggest mistake.

I gave up my future to become a singer and composer, turned down offers just for what?

I did not expect that after my recital, I would receive signing contracts from a wide variety of companies. At the time, my only goal was to be able to perform and to sing my heart out. There were a few compliments I received saying that my performance was heartfelt and that they were able to feel the emotion in my singing. I was truly grateful for the opportunity to showcase my talent.

But, I chose this instead--to be Theo's wife, rather than going down that road.

I let out a huge sigh.

There's no use in dwelling in the past anyway. I made a choice that I thought was best at that time. This should serve as a lesson instead. For me not to rush through things, especially when making important and grave decisions about my life.

Besides, things have happened, and there's no point crying over spilt milk.

With this in mind, I got up, but soon resigned after getting a throbbing headache that made the entire room feel like it was spinning.

Damn that hangover!

Last night, I only planned to get a glass of red wine while out with Selena. But then, one glass led to two, then three. The second one was because of that complete chaos at the bar, and the third one was to help me sleep after that, whatever you call it, night with Theo.

Despite feeling crap right now, I was thankful for wine because it helped me cope with these situations!

On the subject of last night, I'm not sure what really happened! How it led to that. I was still left confused and wondering why I suddenly felt that way and why Theo did what he did. Was there something about me that provoked him, or was it a drunken mistake? Was he crazy? Intoxicated? A tease? Or just playing a game?

My confusion and frustration only deepened when I thought of these reasons behind his irrational behavior last night.

Well, in the first place, why did I let it happen? I wasn't that drunk, I knew what he was doing. And there's no denying it. I kind of liked what he was doing. I liked the feeling and wanted more of it.

Why did he suddenly stop though? Could it be that he realized what he was doing? Well if that's the case, he was definitely drunk.

After that, he didn't go back to bed. I wonder where he slept. Maybe he left? Where? To Penelope?

I felt a knot in my stomach at the idea.

As if that weren't bad enough, my mind wandered to last night when I saw her hands wrapped around Theo's arm. Despite my best efforts to erase that image, as soon as I closed my eyes, the image only became clearer.

Damn it!

You should have just declined the Don's offer like what Lukas did!

Well, I should have rejected their offer. I'm sure they can protect me in other ways, not just through marriage, right?