CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3 - AT LEAST I HAVE THE DECENCY

What a small fuckin' world.

I cursed as I debate with myself if I should turn around or continue to walk away.

His voice, there's no denying it was him. I have lived with him long enough to recognize that voice anywhere.

Why is he here? I can't help but wonder.

Besides, aside from that familiar voice, there was something about this situation that made me stop on my tracks.

Another Salvatore?

Yes, Salvatores are well-known, they have a huge clan. But I thought I have met all of them, up to the roots, I couldn't believe I missed one.

Lukas Alastair Salvatore.

He even has the Don's first name as his middle name. Was he as important as Theodore?

I shook off the brewing curiosity that was building in my head and tried my best to just shrug it off. I would know about this soon anyway, besides, I wouldn't want to risk being caught by Theo at this place and at this ungodly hour. Besides, I probably looked like an idiot now standing here—eavesdropping.

"So you finally brought your wife with you, huh?" I heard Lukas ask.

I only managed to take two steps away from them when Lukas' question startled me, keeping my feet glued on the ground.

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. I panicked for a second. Oh my god! Did they recognize me? I wasn't so sure how I would explain myself to Theo why was I here.

With no guards.

And almost midnight!

But, my worry and concern suddenly washed away when I heard a familiar laugh—that pretentious, trying-hard, angelic laugh belongs to...

Penelope.

My husband and his mistress.

My heart ached at the thought of them together in this private lounge. I didn't know that a club as exclusive as this could be a home for a home-wrecker as well.

I was feeling bitter about this.

I wanted to swallow the pain and just get out of this establishment right away. I felt so sick knowing that I was in the same place, breathing the same air, as my husband's other woman.

But my plan blew up in front of me when Selena decided to show up at that very moment to reveal my identity.

"Lia!" She called me out loudly that everyone in the club probably heard her. She was almost drunk, smiling like an idiot while holding a gin and tonic on her right hand, and my red wine on the left. By the look on her face, she probably hadn't realized the situation I was in.

"Selena?" Theo's voice boomed, sounding so surprised. And that confirmed by hunch awhile ago, not that I was skeptical about it anyway.

"Oh look, it's your husband and his whore." Selena drawled in unimpressed tone.

I swear at that moment I wished for the ground to open up and swallow me whole, but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel so proud of my best friend for saying that one word I was dying to throw at Penelope's face.

"You little—"

"Lia." Theo said my name, said it, not a hint of a question or such. He said it in a way to call me—cutting whatever Penelope wanted to throw at Selena. Shocking how Theo let someone insult his girlfriend in front of others.