8. Burgered Out

⇢˚⋆ Burgered Out
𖥻schoolthings

⇢˚⋆ Burgered Out 𖥻schoolthings

---

"Um, Rin?"

Atsumu's brows furrowed in perplexity as he glanced at Suna, his voice tinged with bewilderment. "Why are we standing in front of our school?"

Suna's expression remained nonchalant as he effortlessly leaped over the fence, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes. A lazy grin crept across his face, radiating an air of carefree confidence.

"What does it look like we're doing? We're having a late night picnic."

"Sounds fun I guess?" Atsumu said.

With a mischievous grin playing on his lips, Suna watched as Atsumu carefully hurled their Burger King bags over the tall fence.

The anticipation built up as the moment finally arrived for Atsumu to make his daring leap. Observing Atsumu's apprehension, Suna instinctively extended a helping hand, determined to ensure Atsumu's unscathed crossing.

Suna's touch provided a steady reassurance as he guided Atsumu, their hands firmly clasped, navigating the treacherous descent until they Atsumu reached solid ground, safe and sound.

"See? That wasn't too difficult, was it?" Suna remarked.

"Meh, it could've been worse."

Suna clicked his tongue in playful annoyance. "Always such a baby, aren't you?"

Atsumu retorted, his curiosity piqued.

"Oh, I'm the baby? Well, you still haven't explained why we have so much Burger King bags." His questioning persisted, eager for an answer.

Abruptly, the sound of footsteps resonated, drawing their attention. Atsumu pivoted to find their older friends, wearing wide smiles, emerging from behind the gate. They held drinks and bags of their own, mirroring Suna and Atsumu's fast food haul.

"Look, Suna and Atsumu are already here. I told you we weren't running late," one of their older friends exclaimed triumphantly.

"Aran-kun?" Atsumu's voice carried a mix of surprise and recognition as he addressed their friends.

"Well, I never mentioned being late. I simply emphasized the need for us, as the older ones, to arrive before them," the boy clarified, his voice laced with a playful tone. As he approached the gate, a warm smile adorned his face, his arms cradling bags of chips.