28. Mini Me

⇢˚⋆ Mini Me
𖥻volleyball

⇢˚⋆ Mini Me𖥻volleyball

---

"Hey, mister . . ."

Atsumu's attention shifted from the group of kids that Kita was teaching volleyball to, as he gazed down at the little boy standing before him.

"Oh? And what is a handsome boy like you doing here all alone?"

The boy twirled his feet nervously, avoiding any eye contact with the older boy.

As the child seemed intimidated by the presence of an adult, Atsumu bent down to his level, offering a warm smile.

"What's your name, kiddo?"

The boy glanced up briefly, his voice filled with a hint of excitement.

"My name is Jiro!"

He quickly averted his gaze, becoming shy once again.

Atsumu's smile widened.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Jiro. I'm Atsumu. Now, I'll ask you again. Why are you alone? Don't you have any friends to play with?"

Jiro shook his head, his expression on the verge of tears.

Atsumu was about to offer some comforting words, assuring him that not everyone needs friends, but Jiro's sad expression suddenly shifted to a determined one.

Atsumu couldn't help but feel a slight intimidation from the intensity in his eyes.

It reminded him a lot like someone he knew...

"I don't have any friends because they think I'm weird. But I don't care what they think about me," Jiro stated, his tone devoid of offense, suggesting that he had grown accustomed to such judgments.

"Well, I don't think you're weird," Atsumu reassured him.

Jiro looked up, his eyes meeting Atsumu's beautiful golden gaze, filled with happiness.

"You really think so?"

Atsumu nodded, drawing closer to Jiro while discreetly scanning their surroundings.

He whispered, "Mhm. I think you're incredibly brave, Jiro. I've never seen a boy who doesn't care about what others think. It takes real courage, you know."

A faint smile graced Jiro's face, Atsumu's words providing a much-needed boost of encouragement. Jiro was starting to genuinely like Atsumu.

Suddenly, a deep chuckle caught both boys off guard.

As Atsumu looked up, he spotted Sakusa standing beside him, arms crossed, and a fond smile curling upon his lips.

"Omi?" Atsumu spluttered in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, still taken aback by Sakusa's sudden appearance.

Sakusa chuckled, finding Atsumu's surprise quite amusing.