26. Cup of Boba

⇢˚⋆ Cup of Boba
𖥻boba

⇢˚⋆ Cup of Boba 𖥻boba

---

When love stirs the heart into motion, one is enveloped in a whirlwind of deep emotions and feelings.

It's like diving headfirst into the warm embrace of the softest feather bed, a gentle haven that cradles your soul. It begins with a spark, a fluttering sensation in your chest that sets off a symphony of emotions, like a myriad of butterflies fluttering within. Your thoughts become consumed by the other person, a constant desire to unravel their mysteries and delve deeper into their being.

In this state, time seems to slow down, and each moment hangs in the air like a suspended drop of morning dew, shimmering with delicate beauty. The simplest gestures—a touch, a smile, the sound of their laughter—carry profound significance, filling your heart with an overwhelming joy in their mere presence.

So when Kiko mentions that her brother is in love, one can see it clearly etched on his face, a blend of intense emotions ready to burst forth. It's a raw power that could manifest a punch. And it's so bad that it looks like he can punch anyone at any moment—something Kiko fears, not wanting to witness her beloved baby brother going to jail this early in his life.

"Why not take it easy with the boba, Kiyo? It's not going anywhere," Kiko playfully suggests, her voice carrying a hint of amusement.

Kiyoomi looks up from his boba, a tinge of guilt crossing his expression.

"Right, sorry, sis," he admits before taking another long sip of his drink.

Kiko's smile softens as she continues the conversation. "How has it been living with Dad?"

Kiyoomi scoffs silently, his eyes rolling in disdain. "Never been better," he said sarcastically.

Kiko's brow furrows slightly upon hearing his response.

"Well, you've been paying an unusually frequent visit to Mother. She's been mentioning how you've been showering her with gifts and extra attention. It's almost as if you're trying to make amends for something terribly wrong you've done," she brings up casually, carefully avoiding the mention of their father for now.

Kiyoomi examines his matcha boba, delicately twirling the cup in his hand to prevent the boba pearls from sticking together.

"I don't know, I just feel like Mom deserves more sometimes. And NOT because I've done something bad, but simply because I want to spend quality time with her," he explains.

Kiko nods, understanding his sentiment. After all, Kiyoomi has always been closer to their mother than she has. It's only natural for him to gravitate towards her. So, she doesn't dwell on the thought too much, instead becoming more intrigued by who her brother might be in love with or trying to get engaged with. It genuinely catches her off guard.