25. Atsumu's In Love

⇢˚⋆ Atsumu's In Love
𖥻sweetdreams

⇢˚⋆ Atsumu's In Love 𖥻sweetdreams

---

"Keep the book."

Atsumu's gaze fixed on Sakusa as he held the precious book in his hands. Sakusa's letterman jacket was snuggly hugging his body.

"Keep it? But it's yours," he protested softly.

Sakusa shook his head, a small smile gracing his lips. "It's fine. I bought it for you anyways, so you keep it."

Atsumu's frown deepened, and he took a step closer to Sakusa.

"Okay then. Thanks for tonight. And thanks for this book, Omi."

Before Atsumu left, he leaned in and planted a quick peck on Sakusa's cheek, a gesture of appreciation that seemed instinctual, despite his uncertainty. Perhaps it was a force of habit.

Without waiting for a response, he swiftly made his way to the open window, his path illuminated by the soft glow of the night.

Yet, just as Atsumu was about to disappear into the night, he halted, a sudden change of heart compelling him to turn around. He found Sakusa watching him intently from the sidewalk, and in that moment, Atsumu gently placed the book on one of his mother's plant pots and rushed back to Sakusa's side.

Embracing him tightly, he whispered, "You have no idea how much I want to thank you for this. . . for everything, Omi. I truly enjoyed spending time with you. You. . . you're not that bad, you know?" A whirlwind of emotions surged within him.

Sakusa chuckled coolly under the night sky.

"That's rich, coming from the boy who tried to avoid me at all costs and claimed to hate me from the start."

Sheepishly, Atsumu smiled up at Sakusa from their warm embrace in the chill of the night.

"But still, I can't help but wonder why you wanted to befriend me," Sakusa mused. "Are you sure Suna didn't blackmail you, even though I'm hoping he didn't?"

Atsumu chuckled softly at Sakusa's words, but he realized the true reason he had sought Sakusa's friendship. If it weren't for Komori, he wouldn't be here, wrapped in Sakusa's arms, exchanging sweet and playful gestures. A pang of guilt shot through him for not being truthful, for hiding the truth from Sakusa. But he couldn't reveal it just yet, or perhaps ever. He would tell Sakusa when the time was right. That's right.

"What's with the frown? Are you sad that you have to go home already? Or is there something else on your mind? Come on, you can tell me anything," Sakusa offered suddenly, his voice gentle.