18. Dinner With The Suna's

⇢˚⋆ Dinner With The Suna's
𖥻motherknowsbest

⇢˚⋆ Dinner With The Suna's 𖥻motherknowsbest

---

"We're delighted that you joined us for dinner, Atsumu. Do bring your brother next time," the older woman said warmly, adding extra tofu in Atsumu's soup.

Grateful, Atsumu thanked Rintarou's mom and noticed Rintarou observing their interaction from the corner of his eyes.

"The next time I visit, I'll make sure to bring Samu with me too, Suna-san!" Atsumu exclaimed cheerfully, addressing her. The older woman laughed, dropping a fried sunnyside up egg onto Atsumu's rice bowl.

"How many times have I told you it's Yui for you? Or even mom," she playfully remarked.

"Okay, Mom," Atsumu shyly replied with an eye smile.

Rintarou blushed slightly, hearing his best friend call his mom "mom" too. He played it off coolly by stretching his arms behind his head, while his mother continued to dote on Atsumu.

Suddenly, Hiroto, Rintarou's dad, asked Atsumu about the fundraiser his class hosted on Wednesday, while eating off of his rice bowl.

"Ah," Atsumu looked up from his plate, "it went well! We actually made more than we all expected. Even though the organizers wanted to give us some money back, we kindly declined since we didn't need it as much as they did."

Hiroto nodded, understanding, and sipped his hot tea. He then turned towards his son with narrowed eyes.

"I suppose you didn't happen to stop by and buy your mother some cookies, did you?"

Rintarou winced slightly at his father's sharp tone, seeking help from his mother who looked away, still upset that he hadn't brought home any of Atsumu's baked goods.

With an awkward grin, Rintarou decided to speak up.

"Well, coach made us stay longer for practice, so I couldn't go and help Atsumu with the fundraiser," Rintarou deadpanned, turning to his mom.

"And that's why I couldn't get you any desserts either, Mom."

"You could've still asked Atsumu to save me some if you knew when the fundraiser was!" Yui complained.

Atsumu bit his lip, trying to hold back his response until Rintarou said something snappy again, but he decided to speak up for Rintarou's sake.

"Would you like me to bake you some cookies and cupcakes tomorrow morning and deliver them to you, Yui?" Atsumu sweetly offered.