31. Against The Odds

⇢˚⋆ Against The Odds
𖥻raindrops / "If I disappear will you look for me?"

⇢˚⋆ Against The Odds 𖥻raindrops / "If I disappear will you look for me?"

---

Atsumu darted through the crowd, his mind a blur of mixed emotions. His heart pounds with anticipation as he weaved through the big crowd, sidestepping every person in his path, until he was able to find the person he was looking for-

Sakusa.

In a stroke of luck, Atsumu managed to secure a coveted parking spot from his reckless driving, allowing him to arrive at the game just in time. He glanced at the big screen on the field, relieved to see that he had a few precious moments before the game began.

This was his chance to talk to Sakusa. This was it. He was going to tell him everything.

As Atsumu saw some of Sakusa's teammates out on the field, he made his way towards the team, but his attention was abruptly stopped by someone in the middle seat, waving at him eagerly.

It was Suna. He was making his way down the bleachers, surprise etched across his face, as he questioned in his thoughts about Atsumu's sudden appearance at the game, alone. What was he doing here all alone?

Anxious, Atsumu's gaze darted around, his grip tightening on the book clutched close to his chest.

Suna's expressions turned concerned as a small frown lined his face. Suna grasped Atsumu's shoulders, looking deep into his eyes with compassion, before saying;

"Tsumu. Tsumu. Look at me. What's wrong? Talk to me. Come on, talk to me, dammit. What are you doing here all by yourself? Where's your brother?"

Finally, Atsumu met Suna's gaze, tears welling in his eyes. "Suna . . . where is Sakusa? Where is he? I need to talk to him. Now." he pleads.

Suna's own heart ached for both Atsumu and Sakusa. He was all too familiar with the argument that had driven them apart. And as their friend, he had made it his very own mission to support them through their ups and down.

The sight of their pain weighed heavily upon Suna. They shouldn't have to go through this all alone, so he mustered the strength to inform Atsumu of Sakusa's whereabouts, even if it went against Sakusa's desire for solitude.

"He's in the locker room. You'll find him there," Suna revealed, his words breathing hope into Atsumu.

Atsumu's eyes glistened with gratitude, tears of relief mingling with those of sorrow. But before he could go and find Sakusa, Suna seized his wrist gently, preventing him from rushing off.