22. An Unexpected Blessing

⇢˚⋆ An Unexpected Blessing
𖥻twogayboysholdinghands

⇢˚⋆ An Unexpected Blessing𖥻twogayboysholdinghands

---

In the dimly lit, cozy old-school restaurant (Suna's fave diner), adorned with vintage posters and the scent of nostalgia, two best football buddies from different high schools, Suna and Sakusa, found comfort in their reunion, well, for Sakusa so far.

The worn-out leather seats embraced their tired bodies as they settled in after a gruesome practice, the flickering candlelight casting a warm glow on their faces.

Sakusa, with his unruly mop of raven-black hair, swiftly maneuvered his fork, dipping a golden french fry into a creamy scoop of vanilla ice cream.

A mischievous glimmer danced in his pitch blank eyes as he playfully teased Suna, his voice laced with his usual snarky comments.

"It feels like ages since we hung out. Were you avoiding me? Trying to escape your only Tokyo friend, huh?" The corners of his lips curled into a knowing smile, capturing Suna's sharp gaze.

Suna wrestled with his desire to say "Yes," but he knew better than to blurt it out. It wouldn't be appropriate, not with his best friend having a crush on Sakusa and the secret Sakusa had been keeping from him. His mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

Instead of rashly responding, Suna shook his head, taking a deliberate sip of his milkshake before finally speaking.

"I'm not avoiding you," he admitted, though it was far from the truth.

"I've just been really busy lately. I'm sorry if we haven't been able to hangout as much together as you'd like, Kiyo."

Kiyo nodded understandingly.

"It's okay. I get it. But you know, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you too," he said, playfully pointing at himself.

Suna lazily rolled his eyes, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as Sakusa, as usual, effortlessly lifted his spirits.

"Speaking of which, there's something else I need to tell you," Kiyo added casually.

Suna's curiosity peaked as he sensed a shift in Sakusa's demeanor. He found himself leaning forward, eager to hear what Sakusa had to share about because he knew how bad he probably wanted to talk about Atsumu, the person they both had feelings for.

A mix of anticipation and apprehension filled his heart, unsure if he truly wanted to know more about their blossoming friendship, fearing the potential pain it could bring.

Sakusa's face lit up with a genuine smile, catching Suna off guard. His attention was momentarily diverted to a couple sitting a few rows behind him, but he quickly refocused on Suna, his eyes searching for understanding.

"I've been thinking," Sakusa began serious, his voice laced with newfound determination.

"Once our season ends, I want to dedicate more time to community service. I feel this sudden strong urge to contribute and make a difference. Do you think I have what it takes, Suna?"