17. Unveiling The Truth

⇢˚⋆ Unveiling The Truth
𖥻secrets

⇢˚⋆ Unveiling The Truth 𖥻secrets

---

Osamu sat on the porch swing, his eyes fixed on the distant horizon as he listened intently to the woes of his older twin brother, Atsumu.

The sun was slowly setting, casting a warm golden glow over their small hometown. It was a peaceful evening, but the weight of their conversation added a hint of tension to the air.

Atsumu leaned against the porch railing, his brows furrowed in hesitation.

"I just don't know what to do, Samu," he sighed, his voice tinged with worry.

"If only I had known that Sakusa was Komori's cousin, maybe I wouldn't have agreed to help him. It's just. . . I despise Sakusa, but I can't shake this sense of guilt after hearing what his cousin said about him."

Osamu nodded, his expression serious. He could sense Atsumu's deep-rooted hatreds towards the Tokyo boy. Perhaps, he thought, it was time for a change.

"Well, Sakusa hasn't really done anything wrong to you. I think it's about time you let go of your one-sided grudge and apologize to him for being such a pain-in-the-ass," Osamu said, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"Samu!" Atsumu almost shouted, followed by a chuckle from Osamu.

"Besides, I don't understand why you hate him so much. Are you sure you don't actually like him?" Osamu pointed out, observing the wave of different emotions passing across Atsumu's face.

The mention of liking Sakusa didn't catch Atsumu off guard this time. First Kaiyo, now Samu? Seriously, what was wrong with everyone thinking that he liked Sakusa or that they were meant to be? God forbid even Sakusa himself thought they were meant to be.

"I genuinely believe this is a golden opportunity for you to get closer to Sakusa. Perhaps by helping him, you can let go of whatever grudge you hold against him and maybe even try to get along with him," Osamu suddenly suggested, lightly swinging himself from the swings.

Atsumu frowned and emitted a deep sigh.

"My ego is too big to simply go and apologize to him," Atsumu whispered to himself while looking down.

Osamu was just about to smack the back of Atsumu's head, but he stopped in his tracks when he heard what Atsumu said next.

"But I think it might be time for me to apologize to Sakusa for being such a dick to him for no reason. And then I'll go from there because I can't just flatly say, 'Hey, your cousin asked me to look after you because you guys got into an argument over your steroid problem.' God, that already sounds so bad, Samu," Atsumu winced.

"That sounds like a good plan, well, at least the beginning of your sentence," Osamu replied, trying to comfort him.

"But relax, Tsumu. I think you've got this. Maybe you can be a little emotionally unavailable sometimes, but if a stranger can put their trust in you, then you can put your trust in yourself too."