chapter 2

it's the first day back of school after summer break, daphne is not thrilled

it's lunch. daphne is walking through the cafeteria looking for her friends. she spots them sitting at their usual table, she walks over to them and sits down.

"hey guys." daphne says lightening the mood. daphne has been friends with demetri and eli since middle school. one thing she did not like about her sisters new friends is that they picked on them. daphne didn't care if they said mean things about her, it was eli and demetri she was worried about.

as she saw somebody approaching them she looked up and saw a tanned skinned latino boy walk up to them. "is it cool if i sit here?" he asks

before daphne could say anything demetri responds. "sorry, tables really blowing up right now. i can put you on the waitlist but it'll probably be next semester at the earliest." he says being sarcastic.

"oh ok." the boy says and starts to walk away. "no he's kidding sit down." daphne says pulling out the chair next to her gesturing for him to sit.

"miguel." he says and daphne smiles. "hi i'm daphne" she says and he nods. "i'm demetri and this is eli, he's a man of few words." demetri responds.

as we all look down at our food we see sam and yasmine walk past. i look up to see miguel eyeing sam and i shake my head.

"dude, don't torture yourself. those are the rich girls, excluding daphne." demetri says.

"don't bring it up." daphne says to demetri. "do you ever talk to them or?" miguel asks.

"oh yeah! all the time. we hangout after school, make out, give eachother hand jobs." demetri says and miguel fights going back to his food.

"eli here is the homecoming king. he gets laid more than anyone isn't that right eli?" and he chuckles.

"you realise what table your siting at right? you've pretty much signed away all hope of losing your virginity before college." demetri says.

"for real." daphne says picking at her food.

"oh shit, yasmine's looking at us. she's probably making fun if me." eli says covering his mouth with his hand.

"want me to go and say something?" daphne says and eli is quick to shake is head.

"i don't think she's making fun of you. just because they're hot doesn't mean they are mean." miguel says and i shake my head.