chapter 24

today daphne was going to visit robby

today daphne was going to visit robby. if she was honest she was shitting her pants but she wanted to prove she was there for him, and sam had not been visiting him and her dad was in okinowa. she didn't even know if he'd had any visitors.

as she walked in and checked in at the check in desk she immediately went to sit down at a chair as they went and called for him.

she sat there and fiddled with her fingers bouncing her leg up and down underneath the table as she was interrupted from her thoughts by a loud buzzing sound.

she looked up at where the sound had came from and to her surprise she saw robby standing there, his eyes widened when he saw her sitting at the table and she stood up and walked closer to him as he walked over to her.

"hi." she said smiling at him, he didn't respond. instead he just pulled her into a tight hug which she quickly returned by wrapping her arms around his neck.

"i missed you." she whispered in his ear and she smiled.

"i missed you too." he said before pulling away as she looked at him concerned and brought her hand up to cup the side of his face.

"what happened to your eye?" she said and he quickly moved his head away from her touch.

"oh, this? it's nothing don't worry about it." he said before sitting down on the chair infront of her as she did the same.

"how have you been? how is school?" he asked and she looked down.

"awful man, school sucks and i hate it. hawk's been on my ass ever since i got back and he's pissing me off now. and me and general? shit my parents are sending me to therapy." she said looking down.

"whoa, what? why are they sending you to therapy." he asked concerned and she looked down holding her hand in her hands.

"i do understand why they are doing this. there's something wrong with me robby. there has been for a long time, i don't know what though. they told me therapy will help so i'm just going because i have no choice." she said looking up at him.

"anyways enough about me, how are you? seriously." she said and he shook his head.

"i did community service to try and get out early, i think i am getting out early. even though this one guy has been on my ass since i got here." he said holding his hands together.

"is that how you got a black eye?" she said and he nodded.

"i'm so sorry robby. i really am, i wish i could help. i would kick their sorry asses if i could." daphne said and robby let out a chuckle.

"it's fine i can handle them." he said and daphne nodded.

"i know you can." she said and he smiled.

"i- uhm. have you seen miguel?" robby asked and daphne looked down.

"no, he's awake though. but i haven't seen him." she said and he nodded.

"one more thing." he said and she looked up.

"kreese visited me." he said and daphnes eyes widened.

"what. why?" she said and robby shook his head.

"i don't know, he told me some shit story. i think he wants me to go and join cobra kai after i get out." robby stated.

"are you?" daphne asked with concern.

"god no. i don't care about him. i don't even want to do karate anymore." he said.

"valid. me either." she said forming a lips in a line.

before they knew it visiting time was over.

"i'll try to come back soon before you get out? if not i'll see you when you get out for sure." daphne said and robby nodded.

"if you can find out when it is through your dad, you could come and pick me up?" he said and daphne nodded.

"of course." she said pulling him into another hug.

"i'll see you soon." he muttered into her hair as they pulled apart and she left.

later daphne was in her room and she was home alone, she had no idea where anybody was.

she was scrolling through instagram when she received a phone call from an unknown number. she doesn't usually do this but today her gut was telling her to pick up.

ON THE PHONE

DAPHNE
hello who is this?

KREESE
this is john kreese.

DAPHNE
what do you want?

KREESE
i wanted to talk to you.

DAPHNE
about what?

KREESE
i spoke to your boyfriend
the other day.

DAPHNE
my boyfriend?

KREESE
robby keene?

DAPHNE
he's not my boyfriend.

KREESE
my mistake. anyways i just wanted to know
if you are still into karate, cobra kai could
use a tough fighter just like you.

DAPHNE
no i'm not. bye.

PHONE CALLED ENDED

daphne was confused on why kreese had called her. was she going to tell her dad? no. he would flip out and probably never let her leave the house again.

however, maybe kreese had a motive? or maybe this was all some sick joke. whatever he was doing, he had planned out very well. daphne wasn't going to fall for his trap, or was she?

ANA SPEAKS🙏🏻🙏🏻

HEYYYYYYY ok this was like a good chapter idk abt the phone call at the end but i liked her and robby communicating and i like how robby literally only trusts daphne now and it's great. i love how he's finally realising what was in front of him this whole time. anyways until next time ;)