chapter 6

it's a normal saturday afternoon and daphne is sitting in her room when there's a knock on the door

"come in." she said. when her door opened and daniel appeared she smiled "hey dad what's up?" she said as he sat at the end of her bed.

"i've been looking for somebody to do a little karate with, would you be interested?" he asks with hope.

"for real? hell yeah i wanna do karate." she smiles. "ok good." he sighs of releif, nobody else wants to do karate with me. "it's alright, i'm the best karate partner you could have anyway." she smiled and he let out a chuckle.

"i'm still gonna look for more recruits though, i'm thinking maybe anoush or louie?" he said.

"you know what, you are so right i'm sure they would love to do karate with you." she said sarcastically and he laughed.

"how about you come down to the dealership with me and help me persuade them?" he asked.

"sure i will. i'll threaten to beat their asses if they don't." she said laughing as she got up to grab some socks.

"remember karate is for-" daniel started before he got cut of. "self defense only, yeah i know." she smiled. "i'll meet you downstairs in a minute." she said as he walked out.

as they got to the dealership daniel was quick to find anoush. "don't worry i'm ready to persuade." daphne whispered to daniel as they approached him.

"hey, how's the new kid working out?" daniel said as him and daphne walked up to anoush.

"oh, great. we had a bunch of pain in the ass stuff piled up for weeks and the kid knocked most of it out before lunch." anoush said and daniel nodded.

"so you're saying i should fire you and give him your job?" daniel said.

"yes you should fire him but no you should give me his job." daphne said pointing at anoush.

"you know i've been looking for somebody to do a little of karate with, you interested?" daniel asks.

"are you asking me as a friend or as my boss?" anoush asks.

"as a friend." daniel exclaims. "i'm busy." anoush says. "alright. as your boss." daniel says. "i'm sick." anoush said and daphne chuckles.

"you're on your own now bye." she says walking away towards the popcorn.

"no way." she says as she sees robby from the skatepark filling up the cups of popcorn.

"you work here?" daphne said and he turned around and smiled when he saw her. "yeah what are you doing here?" he asked.

"'my dad owns this place." she said. "i'm helping him out today." she said smiling and he looked taken back.

"your mr larussos daughter?" he asked. "not by blood, but yes. why?" she asked as she furrowed her brows.

"oh no reason i was just confused." he said smiling. in reality he felt bad. he'd taken this job to get back at his dad but it turns out somebody who has potential to be friends with him is the daughter of his dads rival enemy. not that he cares about his dad but he doesn't want her to find that out. who knows what daniels told her.