chapter 39

johnny had found a hotel for them to stay at for the night before they headed out the next morning to continue their search for miguel

as they were checking into the hotel daphne was fiddling with the strings on her backpack whilst johnny was talking to the receptionist.

"thank you very much, gracias." johnny said before he walked towards daphne and robby leading them to the elevator.

"couldn't get two rooms, so we're gonna have to share." he said and daphne rolled her eyes as the three stood in the elevator.

"don't worry. you can share robby's bed, i won't tell larusso." johnny said and daphne sarcastically rolls her eyes.

"thanks." she mutters before the elevator doors open and they walk towards their room.

as johnny opens the door he immediately goes and jumps head first onto the first bed laying down.

"night." he says before rolling over getting into the bed.

daphne looks the man up and down before she walks over to the other bed placing her backpack down taking her shoes off.

"you okay?" robby says as he sits next to the girl.

"i'm fine. are you okay? you know, with everything?" she says and robby shrugs.

"i'm only doing this to help my dad, i don't want to ruin our relationship again." he says and daphne nods.

daphne heads into the bathroom to change and she brushes her teeth whilst she's there before heading back out and jumping into bed.

"i am so tired." she says as robby crawls in next to her wrapping his arm around the girl so she can lay on his chest.

"me too." he says kissing her forehead.

the two fall asleep quite fast, the travelling made them tired.

the next day they got up early (as johnny insisted) to ensure enough time to find miguel.

daphne and robby were waiting outside this mini store for johnny to come out.

"alright. how we looking?" johnny says as he exits the store.

"i think i got it matched up to my phone. only a few miles to go. looks like a lot of bars and restaurants." robby says as he connected the map he was trying to.

"here, let's ask this guy. hola." johnny says walking over to some random man.

"habla español" the guy says.

"what?" johnny asks as he walks closer to the man.

"español?" he asks and johnny shakes his head.

"no, america." johnny says.

"méxico. estás en una zona de remolque. necesito que muevas la camioneta." the man says and johnny shrugs.

"gracias, it's a custom decal. quiero hombre hector the salazar." johnny says and the man shook his head.