chapter 8

daphne was sat in the living room on herphone scrolling through tiktok until the doorbell rang

"grandma!" anthony shot up and ran straight to the door. daphne and sam slowly got up after him to walk the to the door.

"hey, cutie, give me a hug!" lucille said to anthony when he opened the door.

"oh sammie and daphy! when are you two going to stop getting so pretty?" she said to us as we hugged her and daphne rolls my eyes as louie walks in behind her.

"there are those baby browns!" she said as she saw daniel walk down the stairs.

once everybody has welcomed grandma into the house they all go outside and sit at the table whilst the barbecue is being cooked by daniel and louie.

"you know it's bad enough that this monster is teaching kids. now he's convinced the all valley board to let cobra kai back in the tournament." daniel complains whilst cooking.

"oh that's horrible, they can't let them back." lucille says. "they're nothing but a bunch of bullies." she adds.

"they can't all be bullies, right?" sam adds and daphne looks up knowing she is speaking about miguel.

"trust me sweetheart, you don't know the half of it, those cobra jerks made my little boy's life miserable." lucille says to sam. daphne just looks down not wanting to make eyecontact.

"would you like some pasta lucille?" amanda offers her but she declines.

"i don't like that pre packaged stuff from the store." lucille says making a gross face.

"oh well sorry, i would've made some but i got home late from the dealership." amanda says sitting down.

"no it's okay, i get it. it is tough being a working mom." lucille says.

"you know, that son of a bitch has a lot of nerve entering the tournament." louie says whilst sitting down.

"dad, what if cobra kai has changed?" sam asks whilst daphne freezes again as the topic is brought up time and time again. she does not like talking about it. she hasn't spoken to miguel or eli in a while and they've never even bothered to speak to her. after she said she didn't want to join cobra kai at the start thats it they completely ghosted her and for what? she doesn't even want to know the type of people they are becoming. but the one thing she will do is defend sam because she would want her to do the same thing for her."

"please, cobra kai will never change. please just both of you make sure you stay away from the kids who are involved with it ok." daniel says.

"i heard you've gotten back into karate?" lucille asks daniel.

"yeah. there's this kid, robby, who works at the dealership. me, him and daphne train together." daniel says looking up at me. i look up and smile.

"well, i just got a call from the dealership. sheila just said a couple of sketchy guys rolled up on motorcycles looking for louie." amanda says and i scoff.