chapter 15

daphne hadn't gone to training the next day

daphne hadn't gone to training the next day. she didn't want to seem dramatic, but she was. that's just who she was.

daphne didn't want to face her sister. sam had always ruined things for her. for her whole life.

she never did it intentionally but just like daphne being dramatic. it's just the way she was.

to get out of training, daphne had told daniel she was sick, of course this would work for a few days, but she couldn't keep it going for too long, she didn't want anybody to get worried.

daphne was laying on her bed, a casual wednesday after noon during summer break when she gets a text on her phone.

ROBBY
hey. i hope you are feeling ok. would you like to come to the mall with me and sam?

DAPHNE
hi, thanks for checking up on me. and no.

ROBBY
what's up? you should come with.

DAPHNE
can't. im sick.

ROBBY
it's sam. we know you are lying. come with us
or im telling dad.

DAPHNE
fine, whatever.

daphne was now sitting in the mall's food court with sam and robby, her worst nightmare.

she was pretty zoned out and she had no idea what was going on until demetri slammed his food on the table and sat infront of the girl.

"i'm more partial to his performance in donnie darko. interesting movie. time travel logic left a lot to be desired." demetri said as sam and robby chuckled.

"wait. is today wednesdsy?" demetri asked and the pair nodded.

"the new issue of dungeon lord came out." demetri said standing up.

"um, does anybody want anything from the comic book store?" demetri asked and everybody shook their heads.

"ok, i'll be back. don't throw away my chicken." demetri said running off causing the pair to laugh.

"hey, uhm. i'm gonna go to the bathroom. i'll be right back." daphne says quickly before walking away.

as she gets into a stall she quickly opens her phone to her messages and starts to message her dad.

DAPHNE
hey dad. i really don't feel good, could you
please pick me up from the mall. i'm with sam, robby and demetri but i don't think they are going to be leaving yet.