chapter 21

daphne and robby were on the run

daphne and robby were on the run. they were in a van that robby had stolen from the dealership with daphne's help.

daphne had received what seemed like thousands of phone calls and texts from her parents and sam, those were the only people who cared about her.

she had turned her phone off. she didn't want them to be able to track them down not because of her, but because robby was in danger daphne was just helping him.

daphne helped robby cut his hair, she won't lie she's been wanting to do that for a while.

daphne and robby had been counting up their money and trying to get any spare change they could get in order to get food.

they were probably around 45 minutes away from the valley trying to lay low for a while.

daphne knew it was bad when she started to see missing posters with her face on it over in this side of california. she knew they weren't going to last much longer on their own.

after days and days robby said he had one place we needed to go, he drove there and daphne started to get concerned as they were heading in the direction of the valley.

"bro are we going home or some shit?" daphne asked looking over at the boy furrowing her brows.

"no. just trust me." he said as they continued to drive.

"i trust you don't worry." she said smiling at him which he returned.

as they pulled into the rehabilitation centre daphne furrowed her brows.

"why are we here?" daphne asked as they got out of the car.

"like i said, just trust me." he said and she nodded her head as she followed him inside.

as we walked through the centre we went straight to the back outside and daphne immediately recognised robby's mom sitting on the chair. her face lit up when she saw robby and daphne walk through the door.

"hey robby, daphne." she said smiling.

"hey." robby said as she gestured for them to sit down and they did.

"here." she said as she handed both of them a plate with a sandwich on them.

"i'm assuming you guys haven't eaten proper food in a while." she said as the two shook their heads and began to eat.

robby's leg began to bounce up and down, daphne was quick to notice this as she put a comforting hand on his leg to stop it from shaking.

"it's going to be okay robby. we'll figure this out. i promise. i'll be right back okay? just keep eating." she said as she stood up and walked away daphne looked over at robby.

"are you alright?" she asked as he kept his eyes on the floor.

"look at me. it's gonna be ok, i'm sure of it." she said as her eyes met his and he nodded.

"hey." daphne heard a familiar voice say as she looked up to see her dad standing infront of the pair.

"hi." daphne said looking at him.

robby didn't respond and daniel just sat down infront of them.

"nice cut." daniel said and daphne looked over at robby who didn't say anything, keeping his eyes on the ground.

"sorry you've been stuck cleaning up my mess. and i'll pay you back for the van. i-" robby said before he was cut off by daniel.

"i didn't think that van was your style anyway." daniel said before looking between the two.

"is sam ok?" robby asked causing daphne to look down at the floor fiddling with her fingers.

"she's worried about you, both of you." daniel said causing daphne's head to shoot up and smile at the man.

"robby, i need to apologise to you." daniel started before he was cut off by robby.

"but i caused all this. i'm the one who kicked miguel-" robby started before daniel cut him off again.

"i know you blame yourself, but i let you down. what i said to you the last time we saw each other, that was... terrible. and i'm so sorry." daniel says looking at the boy who still doesn't make eye contact with them, his eyes staying on the ground.

"but you were right because it was a mistake trying to help me because i can't change." robby says looking at the floor.

"we all make mistakes robby. but those mistakes aren't who we are. you could learn from your mistakes and i'll help you with that." daniel says as robby finally looks up at the man.

"this next parts going to be really hard, but this is the best way forward." daniel says and daphne's eyes widen.

"dad what did you do?" she says as she turns back to see multiple cops standing there as robby turns around and notices the cops.

"i told them that you're going to turn yourself in. trust me the sentence will be much lighter this way." he says to robby.

"no, no, no i cant! you just kept me talking so i wouldn't leave." robby says to the man before running away.

"robby, this is only temporary. i will get you through this ok? i'll visit you everyday i promise." daniel says to the boy as he gets pulled away by the cops.

"don't bother." robby says before getting put into a cop car.

tears begin to stream down daphne's face as she follows him to the cop car as he's put inside she mouths to him. 'i'm sorry.' and he gives her a reassuring smile before he is driven away in the car.

ana speaks🙏🏻🙏🏻

ok i didn't really know where i was going with this chapter but it's fine!! jail robby is on his way😏 and lots of raphne content coming soon!!!!!!!! ahhhhh anyways until next time;)