chapter 3

daphne was sitting on the floor putting her shoes on before heading to school

"what are you looking at?" she asked her dad as he was staring out the window. once she had finished putting her shoes on she stood next to him and saw kyler and sam. "ohh" she said walking away grabbing her backpack.

"i've gotta run into the office, apparently your cousin louie didn't show up again." she says putting her earrings on.

"when do i get to take louie's job?" daphne asked and amanda chuckled " you might as well take it now at this point." she said "i'm being for real i want to work there." daphne said and amanda chuckled.

"we're short-staffed daniel." she said. "ok." he said not paying attention to anything she said.

"i know that your mother said that he cleaned up his act, but it's just not working out. yesterday i caught him sticking his bare hands in the popcorn machine it is disgusting." amanda said.

"mhm." daniel responded still not listening.

"he's not listening by the way." daphne said before walking out of the door heading to school.

it's lunch again. and today counseller blatt is giving a speech on cyber bullying. daphne sits there zoned out whilst she is speaking.

"you know if you are sick of getting bullied my karate dojo's looking for recruits." miguel says to eli and daphne looks up.

"yeah, right. you hear that, eli? little karate training and you are gonna kick some major ass." demetri says.

"karate can go a long away demetri." daphne says.

"yeah, i'm serious demetri. my sensei's the real deal and i am sure i could get all 3 of you discounts." miguel says.

"yeah, daphne won't need it." demetri says. "shut up demetri." daphne says.

"and whilst we are all looking forward to the halloween dance." counsellor blatt continues and i sigh putting my head on the table after being reminded of the halloween dance.

"let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. for example, instead of 'sexy nurse', maybe try 'gender- neutral hospital employee'." she says and daphne chuckles.

the larussos are all sat around their dinner table eating dinner whilst sam talks about the halloween dance.

"i mean i feel bad for aisha but at the same time i don't want to dress up as a molecular compound." sam says.

"i totally get it, but just because you guys aren't wearing the same costume doesn't mean you can't hangout at the dance together." amanda says.

"what are you gonna wear daphne?" amanda asks me and i look up from my food. "i was thinking of not going. i just don't wanna dress up and socialise i'd rather go skating or something." daphne says and amanda shrugs.

"i mean it's your decision what you want to do." she says.

"speaking of the halloween dance, i got an email from the school. they're looking for chaperons. they seem pretty desperate." daniel says.

"yeah, no kidding who wants to spend their friday night in a sweaty gym?" amanda says as daphne already realises where this is going and is glad she's backed out of the dance already.

"don't worry you're off the hook i said i'd do it." daniel says and sam drops her fork.

"what? come on counsellor blatt and i go way back." daniel says to sam as daphne continues to eat her food.

"mom?" sam says looking for help. "come on daniel. would you want one of your parents at your highschool dance?" amanda says.

"please my mom drove me on dates." daniel replies. "yeah. and how'd that go?" amanda says.

"this is so unfair." sam says crossing her arms.

"you won't even notice me. i'll be a ghost." daniel says looking at her.

"ghosts are lame." anthony adds. "shut up anthony." daphne says.

"just promise me you won't embarrass me." sam says with her arms still crossed.

"i promise." daniel says and everybody continues to eat their food.

it's the night of the school dance and daphne decided to do exactly what she told her parents she would, go skating.

skating is one of daphnes hobbies however she doesn't get to go as often as she likes so she took this as the perfect opportunity to go.

the local skate park is only a couple of blocks away from her house so she can easily skate their herself.

once she gets there she is skating around practicing old tricks she had taught herself in her spare time that she didn't wanna forget and it wasn't until she was practicing a simple grinde and slide she had lost control of her board as she began to speed up and she skated right into somebody.

she ended up on the floor as she looked up she saw a boy standing there looking over her.

"i am so sorry, are you alright?" he asks holding out his hand for her to take.

"yeah i'm all good, don't worry." she said as she took his hand and he helped her get to her feet.

"i'm robby by the way." he said holding out his hand for her to shake.

"daphne." she replied as she shook his hand smiling.

he had the most prettiest green eyes that she had ever seen and his hair which was once slicked back and now messy from bumping into eachother she had noticed it was longer than she had thought however she found it cute.

"i haven't seen you around here before." he said and she snapped out of her day dream.

"i'm so sorry i was zoned out. i've been here a few times but i don't get to come as often as i'd like." she said.

"why's that?" he asked as the two began walking away from the centre of the skatepark to avoid other skaters.

"just don't have as much free time on my hands as i'd wish sometimes." she replied.

the two began talking for a while until she realised the time.

"oh shit. i'm very sorry robby but i've got to go." she said standing up and before he could say anything she was gone.

she left him standing there in the dark skatepark alone getting caught up in his own thoughts.

ana speaks🙏🏻🙏🏻

OK THEYVE MET🤭🤭 yeah kind of forgot to mention she skates BUT IT WAS A BETTER WAY FOR THEM TO MEET I THINK
IM ALSO JUSY REALISING THESE CHAPTERS ARE KINDA SHORT... anyways until next time 😏