chapter 22

daphne got driven home by her dad that day robby got arrested

daphne got driven home by her dad that day robby got arrested. the car ride was pretty quiet, nobody wanted to speak up until somebody finally did.

"why'd you go with him?" daniel asked daphne who was sitting in the passenger seat next to him looking out of the window.

daphne sighed, "i didn't want him to be alone." she replied sitting back crossing her arms, eyes staying on the road infront of her.

"but him running away was his choice. i'm sure he would've been perfectly fine on his own." daniel stated making daphne sigh.

"we were worried sick about you, daph. we weren't even sure if you had ended up with robby in the first place. or if you'd just ran away because-" daniel started before daphne was quick to cut him off.

"i went with him because i felt bad, obviously i agree with everybody what he did was wrong but he didn't mean it. he's a good person dad. and this whole summer i've wanted to be there for him but i haven't been able to because him and sam have been all over each other. and in that moment i thought you know what, screw it. and so i went with him. and i know i probably should've called first but i didn't and im sorry and i-" daphne said before she was cut off.

"i understand daphne." daniel said keeping his eyes on the road.

daphne sighed before putting her head against the window.

"daphne." daniel said as they pulled into a parking lot.

daphne opened her eyes, the girl wasn't asleep she was just thinking about everything that's happened.

"yeah." daphne said looking around at her surroundings. "wait where are we?" she said as daniel turned to face her.

"me and your mom we-" daniel started before daphne cut him off before he could finish.

"nu-uh." she said shaking her head.

"it's what's best for you. it's going to help you." daniel stated as she shook her head.

daniel and amanda had been thinking about this for a while, they had noticed something was up with the girl for a long time. during freshman year she was referred to the school counsellor but she never attended the appointments.

they figured therapy sessions outside of school would be a better option for the girl and she wouldn't be able to miss them if they took her.

"come on, they just want to talk to you." daniel said and daphne shook her head.

"please. just try for me and your mom. i'll be right outside." daniel said and she sighed.

"fine but if i don't like it i'm not going back." she said and daniel took that as pretty successful.

as the two walked into the building daniel walked up to the front desk.

"hi, appointment for daphne larusso." daniel said and the lady smiled.