chapter 36

today was the all valley under 18 karate tournament and daphne was terrified

this was her first ever karate tournament and all though she thought she was good at karate as the tournament grew closer, she had doubts.

when the cobra kai dojo was called out daphne walked out, standing in between robby and tory, keeping her head held high, she didn't want to make any eye contact with her family.

daphne had briefly saw amanda and anthony in the crowd, she saw them eyeing her and she immediately looked to the ground, she knew if she had made eye contact with either of them she would feel bad.

"welcome to the 51st annual, all valley under 18 karate tournament!" the host yelled and the whole crowd stood up and cheered.

before the skills competition began kreese and silver and brought all the cobra kai's in for a talk before they started.

"all right, fall in." kreese said.

"all your training has brought you to this moment. remember if you win, you don't just get a trophy. you get the glory. and you get to know forever that you are a champion." kreese says and the group nod.

"i have had students with all the talent in the world squander their moment. do not let history repeat itself. do not let your emotions cloud your judgement." kreese says causing daphne and robby to look at eachother.

"and above all, do not let anything stand in the way of your victory." kreese says eyeing daphne in particular. he knows that if she has to face sam or anybody in miyagi do it might throw her off. he did not want that to happen.

"just to be clear. that's not a pep talk. that's an order. and we're all gonna follow sensei kreese's orders today, aren't we?" silver asks.

"yes, sensei." everybody responds.

"aren't we?" he repeats.

"yes, sensei!" everybody yells.

let's go win this! come on!" he says and the group cheer.

"ladies and gentlemen, it's time to begin our skills competition. up first demetri alexopoulos from miyagi do karate." the host says.

"who'll be showcasing the kamas." the host says and daphne crosses her arms as she watches.

soon enough all the dojos are competing in their skills. daphne is holding a board with the other cobra kai's for kenny to break and he succeeds the crowd cheering.

it's daphne's turn for skills. she successfully breaks 4 boards being held by the other cobra's along with some extra flips to show her skill.

daphne is watching miyagi do break boards and she sighs when eli fails to break the final board.

cobra kai take the lead on the ranking when they are successful with all of their skills, she watches as eagle fang and miyagi do move down on the ranking board.