chapter 33

daphne had to go back to school today, she was not looking forward to it

daphne was walking into school when she felt eyes on her, the girl hadn't been to school in weeks.

as daphne had her bag checked she quickly walked through the halls head down heading to her first class.

daphne soon enough made it through the day past lunch and her last period was gym. daphne already told her coach she couldn't take part which therefore meant she has to stay for an hour after school as she had no valid excuse.

daphne sat on the bleachers and as the school day ended and the sports teams began practicing daphne held her head in her hands looking around.

daphne furrowed her brows when she saw two very familiar faces walking around the tracks and she quickly recognised them to be no other than miguel diaz and johnny lawrence.

daphne sighed running her hands through her hair as her eyes trailed everywhere they went and she had hoped that they would not notice her.

daphne saw johnny talking to a lot of girls trying to hand them flyers which they quickly declined before walking away causing johnny to sigh, daphne knew what he was doing, he was dojo recruiting.

daphne continued to follow the pair before johnny turned around and immediately looked at daphne, daphne looked down hoping the man wouldn't recognise her as if he wasn't having dinner with her a week ago.

johnny pointed at the girl nudging miguel who shook his head at the man preventing him from walking over to the girl however johnny didn't listen.

"larusso." johnny yelled capturing the girls attention.

"what are you doing here?" he asked as miguel trailed behind the man.

"detention?" she shrugged and the man looked at her with furrowed brows.

"you go to school?" johnny said and daphne furrowed her brows.

"what the hell are you doing here, looking at girls?" daphne said and johnny gave the girl a confused look.

"no? i'm trying to find a badass fighter for my dojo. you interested?" johnny said and the girl sighed.

"no, no i'm not interested. thank you bye bye." she said as she waved him off however the man did not leave.

"come on sensei, she's not interested." miguel said trying to pull johnny away but the man shook his head.

"no, no why wouldn't you want to train with us? you like miguel?" johnny said and daphne furrowed her brows.

"what? what does miguel have to do with this?" daphne said.

"hey!" a teacher yelled causing johnny to turn around before immediately being pulled away by miguel as the two walked away.

"larusso, you can go." the teacher says walking up to daphne who is quick to grab her stuff before leaving.

daphne and robby are walking into the mini mart store next to the dojo to grab a snack before training.

daphne is on a different isle to robby looking at something different when she hears the bell ring, meaning somebody else walked in.

daphne looked up to see who it was and her eyes widened and she ducked down when she saw her dad.

"robby." he says and robby turned around sighing before looking at the man.

daphne kept low, she didn't want him to know that she was there.

"of course." robby says.

"this'll only take a minute." daniel says and robby cuts him off.

"i can save you that minute. you're here because you realised you are training a bunch of wimps and you need a male champion." robby said and daniel sighs.

before daniel can say anything else daphne quickly shifts in her stance and something knocks of the shelf causing both of them to turn their heads and look at what fell off the shelf.

daphne quickly stands up slowly and looks and daniel who sighs.

"hi." she said forming her lips in a line before standing next to robby.

"let me guess, you're sale pitch is, i'm here to recur you. this isn't who you are robby, daphne. i can help. blah blah blah blah blah blah." robby said and daphne looks at the floor.

"i've said all that before. it's time to break the pattern. i heard what you did to eli, how could you do that?" daniel says stepping closer to the two.

"i just gave him what he deserved." robby says shrugging his shoulders.

"i'm not here to judge you. i'm here to tell you what's going to happen to you next. both of you." daniel said and daphne shot she head up making eyecontact with the man.

"terry silver popped up out of the blue, right? he did the same thing to me. he'll seem decent enough, show you a few moves, and then he'll worm his way in." daniel started and daphne furrowed her brows.

"chip away at you, and push you past your limits. you'll become stronger than you thought possible." daniel said before the bell rang and daphne sighed looking up behind her dad to see silver standing there watching the man intently.

"but silver won't stop there. okay? this man is sick and twisted, and when he's done with you, you won't be you anymore. one day you'll find yourself with some poor kids blood all over your shirt and you'll hope it's not too late to change course." daniel said before he was cut off.

"they're not interested, mr larusso." silver says and daniel turned around and looks at the man.

"new equipment just got in. why don't you check it out?" silver says and robby nods grabbing daphnes hand before the two make their way out.

"daphne." daniel says and daphne turned to look at the man before she fully walked out of the store.

tory had been let back into school. daphne was happy about this, tory was one of her friends, atleast she had somebody to hang around with.

tory was being checked my security for weapons, daphne watched with her arms crossed, as they let the girl go the two began walking through the halls, eyes looking at them from every angle.

"just ignore it." daphne muttered to tory who nodded back at the girl as they kept walking.

all of a sudden they stopped in their tracks as they saw sam standing infront of both of them.

"heard you let me back in larusso. so i guess i should-" tory started before sam cut her off.

"i don't know what kind of game you're playing, but i'm not scared of you. you're not in control here. i am." sam started and daphne looked down at the ground biting her lip in attempt not to let out a laugh.

"my parents and my sister might fall for your bullshit." sam says motioning at daphne who widens her eyes at the girl stepping forward ever so slightly.

"what's that supposed to mean?" daphne says and sam ignores her still looking at tory.

"but if you so much as look at me funny, i will kick your ass for a third time." sam says and daphne furrows her brows.

"i'm coming for you, bitch." sam says before walking away.

"that was completely uncalled for." daphne says as sam leaves her and tory standing alone.

ana speaks🙏🏻🙏🏻

hiiiiii ok this was kind of a boring chapter ngl. i was gonna add daphne in the debate bit but then i didnt. anyways i hope u all enjoyed!!! also i saw blue beetle and it was so good? lowkey wanna write a book on it. anyways until next time;)