Cathy Brings It On

McKinnaMackenzie MaddieChloe Nia Brooke PaigePyramid was short today, but at least I was back on top! No solo, or duet, or trio this week for me, just the group dance, 'My Pumps', which we actually did unaired a few competitions ago, so it was eas...

McKinna
Mackenzie Maddie
Chloe Nia Brooke Paige

Pyramid was short today, but at least I was back on top! No solo, or duet, or trio this week for me, just the group dance, 'My Pumps', which we actually did unaired a few competitions ago, so it was easy to remember. Kenzie and Nia have a duet entitled 'Snake Charmer', Maddie and Chloe have an unaired duet 'Black Swan', they both have solos and the Hylands have a solo each too, Brooke's is 'Pull of the Moon' and Paige's is 'Tounge Twister', but they're both unaired. 

At least Miss Abby gave me an extra three privates. She says she wants me to focus for Nationals, but I have no idea if that means I have a solo or not. I know Kenzie and I have the duet, which I love, but a solo at Nationals is a big deal, especially at ALDC. So it is really important that I get one, because then I can prove to Miss Abby I could be a favorite. 

Which clearly I am not, because after dance, Abby took Maddie out for lunch, without anyone else, so we were staying with Gianna. She had to leave though so, Chloe, Brooke, Paige, Nia, Kenzie and I were all sitting with our toes in the pool.

"It must be hard to have someone identical to you, with equal talent to you, being treated so high above you." Nia wondered out loud, before covering her mouth, embarassed. I laughed before quieting.

"It is. All I ever do is strive to be perfect, to gain Miss Abby's favor, and even when I beat Mads sometimes she still gets higher than me on pyramid or a solo and I don't get anything. But I can't complain because I'm always so happy for my sister to get those sorts of opportunities. I just wish I could be recognised, which is why I'm so desperate to get an audition for the Broadway version of 'Annie', cause then it becomes a movie eventually." the girls all nodded.

"Then again, Kinna, you do get a lot more stuff then some of us. Like, you've had a solo or duet nearly every week of this season, and you already have a guarantee of a dance at Nationals with Kenzie. My solo was stripped last competition and Abby didn't even try and comfort me or say sorry." Paige said thoughtfully and noddded.

"I do have it a lot luckier then some of you, and I'm really sorry. I don't understand the hierarchy, all I know is we all just want to be on the top." I say and Chloe nods.

"I don't have it as well, but at least I get seen as competition for Maddie and you, Kinna, which at least lets me touch the top. But for the rest of you, except for you Brooke, it must be hard." Chloe responds, and we all nod, "But, come on, let's enjoy ourselves for once, dibs not it." 

After that, we spend the rest of the day chasing after each other and doing races. I get paired with Paige, cause Maddie isn't here. That was lucky, because not only is Paigey Mack one of my best friends but she also is a really good swimmer.

"Girls!" Christi, Kelly and Holly shriek as we spray them with chlorinated water. Hopefully it didn't go in their eyes! But then they insist we all have to go and change, because apparently Miss Abby said tha we should practise tennis to help with our arm technique. I'm not very good at it in school but maybe it would be different outside of it?

I braid Kenzie's hair into a bun while she decides on her outfit. When I finish, she declares that she will be wearing a normal orange Adidas top and denim shorts and I will be wearing a normal green Adidas top with denim shorts. She's adorable, so I agree and braid my hair into a high ponytail, before taking us up to the rooftop tennis court that is safely closed in. LA is so cool! Plus, Abby said she was taking Nia, Kenzie and I, as the only girls without solos to a skyscraper to go to an audition for an ad for a high end girls clothing line. 

Not that my mom knows that, because she is busy with Telsey+Company, because an agent was sent out to meet her to discuss Maddie and I attending the audition for Annie. The elevator pings and we walk out into the court. Or, really straight into people.

Alejandro and the man who accompanied him to the audition stood there and Kenzie looked at me. "Hi Alejandro." she piped up, giving a small wave, while I look astonishedly at him. What is he doing in LA?

"Hey, Mackenzie, McKinna. I'm actually here for a competition, the 'iHollywood' one, by the way." he winked at me. Oops, I said that out loud.

"No way, same here." I exclaim and Kenzie gives me a teasing look. I elbow her in the ribs.

"You must be doing one of your solos, right? I think I saw I was against two ALDC dancers, Chloe and Paige?" he says.

"I'm not actually, Miss Abby is saving one for me at Nationals, I believe. And yeah, you will be against Chloe and Paige. Enjoy third place." I sass, being protective of my friends and he laughs. "Do you want to take a selfie for Instagram? It is such a coincidence we've met you here of all places."

"Aren't you going to introduce me, Alejandro?" the older man standing next to him asked and he blushed.