Broadway Presents McKinna

NO GIF FOR THIS CHAPTER

"Hello, and welcome to the Dance Moms special episode, 'Broadway Presents McKinna'! I'm Coco Jones, your host for tonight, and I am honoured to be joined by none other than Dance Moms superstar McKinna Ziegler herself." I wave at the audience. "Now, this episode is going to guide us through the time between the season win of the Nationals and to the soon to be released start of season two. Hi, McKinna!"

"Hi Coco." I grin, "It's so great to be here, and with such a great host."

"Aww, thanks, hun. For you of us who are new to the Dance Moms circuit, McKinna is one of the star dancers of the Elite Junior Competition Team at Abby Lee Dance Company, the group Dance Moms is revolved around. After coming off a high at winning Nationals and becoming a National Champion, McKinna was offered a callback for the Broadway role of 'Annie', by her Telsey+Company agent, which we saw in 'When Stars Collide'. How did you feel getting that audition, McKinna?" I took a deep breath.

"Absolutely ecstatic, Coco. I knew this was my chance to shine and that this could shape my career, so I was over the moon."

"Now, we saw in that episode about how your twin, who you are very close with, Maddie, also getting represented by Telsey+Company. May I ask why she didn't get a callback?" I'd be waiting for this question.

"Mads was actually unable to attend the callback, as she was booked for a series of masterclasses with Miss Abby, plus, she wasn't able to attend any rehearsals as she was away, working with some classified people. She was certainly dissapointed, but we all know that she will have many opportunities."

"We all know that you and the rest of the Elite Competition Team see your twin as the favorite, does that ever affect your relationship?" Okay, unexpected.

"Never. My twin and are really close, and we would never let anything come between us. She knows I see her as the favorite, but we both think that's for the best, because it inspires us to work harder, but also more together because we can see what we both bring to the table and work through the dances to make sure they are perfect."

"I wish I had such a strong sister bond with my siblings!" Coco and I laughed, and the audience joined us. "Now, would you like to relieve the callback from that audition for us?"

"Certainly." I smile.

-

I don't think I've ever felt so nervous before. Three girls had already been, and after this girl I was the last. What would I do? What would they ask me? Mom had even had to take my resume off me, because my hands were starting to sweat so much. I was a nervous wreck. 

"McKinna Ziegler?" the receptionist called, and I stood up, hugging mom before entering the room. Cesar wasn't there this time, so there wasn't even a familiar face. The room was silent, other than the murmuring of the audition judges about the last girl. I didn't try and listen in, I was too busy standing there, wondering how long I would have to awkwardly stand there in silence. 

"Please bring your resume up." one of the judges spoke properly, out of nowhere, and I robotically gave it to them, flashing a smile, hoping to cover my awkwardness. I don't know if it worked. One of the judges made a comment on their sheet already and I froze up. Come on, McKinna, I told myself, this could make or break you, you have to get yourself together. "Impressive. Now, we'd like to hear you sing." Okay, you can do this. But what song? "Tomorrow, from the top." Man, these people are really professional.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow there'll be sun
Just thinking about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs, and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely
I just stick out my chin, and grin, and say, oh

The sun'll come out tomorrow
Oh, you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow
You're always a day away"

I finish and they clap politely. Hopefully they were impressed, but they've got poker faces on, I think as they do some muttering. "Now, we would like you to do some impro to 'It's The Hard Knock Life'." Okay, I could do this, I'd be training for this since I was born basically. The song started and everything came naturally and I fell into the rhythm, incorporating some moves relevant to the song parts I remembered.

"You can tell she is a dancer." I heard one of the judges say as I finish. Is that good or bad? Then i see the cameras following us. Yep, apparently if I get the role they are going to do a special on me! Which is pretty cool. The judge that I heard looked up. "Now, the acting."

I followed all the lines they had given me earlier, acting and pretending Sandy the dog was there. I love Annie, she is actually really similar to me.