But I'm a National Champion!

"What do you think is gonna happen today?" I ask Maddie and Kenzie as we leave our bedrooms

"What do you think is gonna happen today?" I ask Maddie and Kenzie as we leave our bedrooms. Today we are going back to the ALDC, if Miss Abby will have us. I don't think the moms' 'silent protest' really worked, though I think our dance did send a loud message across.

"I don't know but I don't really care if it means we will be allowed back and able to dance." Maddie shrugs as she takes a seat at the kitchen counter, grabbing a piece of French toast. Mom has already laid out all three of our lunch bags and by the loud sound coming from upstairs, I think she is vacuuming.

"Miss Abby is going to be really, really hard. And probably mean." Kenzie sighs, peeking around before adding an extra bag of chips in her lunch box. "Neither of you saw that, alright?" I nod my head.

"Are you excited to see Jan- uh, Alejandro, Kin?" Maddie pauses, realizing it wouldn't be a good idea to call the enemy a nickname. I shake my head and my mouth zips. I refuse to talk about that traitor.

"Come on, I can see the school bus coming!" Kenzie grabs my hand and I grab Maddie's and we all run outside, yelling goodbye to mom and nearly forgetting our lunches. 

Today I am wearing an orange off the shoulder top with some shorts and a yellow headband. It's to show my excitement for dance! I actually have a school dance class today, in all the irony. Yes, we actually do have to take dance, we're just the best at it. Paige, Maddie, Josh and I always make a team when we can and then of course we ace it.

We thank the bus driver as we hop on and immediately I find Paige at our normal spot up the back. No one really sits there, because the people at the back are the last to get off and sometimes the bus driver forgets you are there. Fortunately, we're too 'rememberable' according to him.

"Whose ready for some dance?" Paige cheers once we've all sat down and her enthusiasm quickly spreads. How could it not? All of us have missed dancing so much, though I can see the mental scars hidden behind Paigey Mack's eyes. Funny fact, her middle name is actually Mackenzie, so that's why 'Paigey Mack'. I think it fates that she and Kenz would make a great duet.

"As much as I love you four, can we please talk about literally anything else? I don't dance remember. Well, at least not anymore." Josh rolls his eyes and I feel slightly guilty, so I open my pocket and sneak him a piece of gum. 

"Your fault, not ours." Kenzie mutters, which makes us all burst out laughing like maniacs for some reason and then everyone else looks at us weirdly but we don't care.

~

Mom picks the four of us dance kids, yes Paige comes with us, from school a bit early, which is a relief because Humanities sucks. At least for a ten-year-old. I'm wearing a simple midnight blue dance outfit, with Maddie in a light purple, Paige in a light blue and Kenzie a dark pink, with some of us wearing shorts and some of us wearing pants, etcetera. Hopefully Miss Abby finds them 'professional' enough.

Eventually, we arrived at the ALDC and we all take a breath of preparation before filing out the car. I grab Mack Z's hand and lead her inside, giving Gia a wave as mom deals with Miss Abby, all of us girls headed straight to Dancer's Den to get a sneak peak of the drama unfolding. Through the gap in the door to Studio A, I can see Sophia and Alejandro laughing and messing about.

Traitor.

"Well, well, well, here we all are again." Miss Abby says, a visble smirk on her face. Her voice leads me away from the two 'best friends' and I watch the scene unfold. Mom hands her the contract and then she comes in ushering us Zieglers into Studio A.

The surprise written on Alejandro's face and the confusion on Sophia's was a little bit too priceless to describe, but let's just say, the more originals, bar Kendall K, that walked through the door, the more confused they got and the more annoyed their parents got. I resisted the temptation to wave at Antonio.

"And here's your contract, all signed." Kelly sassily tells Miss Abby as she hands the piece of paper over. "Get in there girls."

The Hyland girls walk over to us, at last, and we all stand there in front of the dreaded pyramid again. To think a week ago we all thought we wouldn't be back here ever again. I'm not sure which I prefer.

Sophia Alejandro
Kendall Mackenzie Maddie McKinna Nia Chloe